Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 PM

38 posts, read 151,524 times

Advertisements

Hi do you have any programs for teenagers who love baseball, but whose skills are not at the top competitive level
more average players who LOVE the sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
If you end up in Indian Trail check this link out, I came across it the other day on the middle school website.
Porter Ridge Athletic Association
here's a bit from the site:
"Porter Ridge Athletic Association produces youth recreational sports programs for approximately 2,000 children in the western Union county communities of Lake Park, Indian Trail, Stallings, Hemby Bridge, and some unincorporated areas of Western Union county including the communities of Emerald Lake, Shannamara, Fairfield Plantation, Hunley Creek, Mill Grove, and Stevens Mill.

We provide programs in Baseball, Softball, Football, Soccer, Cheerleading, and Basketball for children from 4 -14 years old. Please browse this site for more information on our specific programs as well as opportunities for you to get actively involved in the lives of the children of this community."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 07:48 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
good luck with weddington athletics, I tried for cheerleading and well they were a bit UMM SNOBY..one thing I have no patience for..and her answer to me was well we are filled, you could have signed her up in June and July..I said well we are new here and well she didnt seem to care...and then I was told through my neighbor they did have a few spots left..I guess I wasnt donating any money...so the heck with us..LOL...I did find a few more sites Im going to try...

Old 09-04-2007, 06:45 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,425,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
good luck with weddington athletics, I tried for cheerleading and well they were a bit UMM SNOBY..one thing I have no patience for..and her answer to me was well we are filled, you could have signed her up in June and July..I said well we are new here and well she didnt seem to care...and then I was told through my neighbor they did have a few spots left..I guess I wasnt donating any money...so the heck with us..LOL...I did find a few more sites Im going to try...
I've run into something very similar with WCWAA. I refuse to let my children be involved with anything connected with them. They are WAY too competitive and I agree, way too cliquish and snobby. My daughter didn't start playing soccer until she was 7 because she'd a bit on the small and timid side. I was told by one of the soccer coaches there that she could be on a team, but she probably would not play at all. He said most of the players started when they were 2 or 3 and by the time they were 7 were playing touraments and traveling. They were happy to take my money though. I registered her over at the Siskey Y and she's doing quite well and is happy there. They are more concerned in conveying good Christian values and having fun, as opposed to just winning and getting their pictures posted in the paper.

Last edited by jlat; 09-04-2007 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: additional text

Old 09-04-2007, 07:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
I wish there was somewhere else I could put her, however they are the best from what I understand and if she wants to cheer in 6th grade for Marvin Ridge she would be better off there, however IF you practically hang up on me..lol you cant apparenlty help me..so im stuck between a rock and a hard place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte