Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2007, 08:37 AM

25 posts, read 93,905 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are very close to putting an offer on a house in Providence Pointe in So CLT. We want more info about the neighborhood - median ages, # of children, type of work that people do, how much community spirit is there, where are people originally from, and why people are starting to resell and move.

We don't have to worry about things like a commute or the fact that homes are close together, so that doesn't need to be addressed.

We would like to know more about experiences with the builder and the neighborhood.

THANKS in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 05:40 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,135,399 times
We built a Shea home in Berewick and we love our house, and Shea. We were really happy with the whole process, and especially impressed with the included upgrades in a Shea home as well as the design studio. We haven't had a single problem with our house except for the expected nail pops, and we didn't even have to have our 90 day or 11 month walk through. I don't know much about Prov. Point except that I work at a preschool in Ballantyne and a TON of the kids at my school live in that neighborhood, and their parents are all super nice, if that says anything. I would move there if I wouldn't pay 100K more for the same house I built here, haha. I think you would be pleased with Shea!

Old 08-09-2007, 10:43 AM

101 posts, read 300,849 times
I live in Providence Pointe, there is very good mix of people in our neighborhood. Most of them in mid- 30's with little ones running around. My corner of the the neighborhood is great, very friendly. Haven't had any problems with any part of neighborhood. Shea Homes is recognized as one of the better builders in Charlotte. Plus your within a mile or 2 of Ballantyne Village. Love the location... Love the people.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
And I agree you should check out a few non-builder lenders.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:57 PM

Thanks coastalgirl and mmorin!!!

we actually are going to put an offer on a re-sale house tomorrow. if it doesn't go through we may try for one of the lots that is being released on sat. (in the knolls area).

we're so excited! if we get the offer on the re-sale, we close in 3 weeks!!!! yipee! now i just have to rent out my condo and bfry has to sell his place in waxhaw.

i think we're going with myers park mortgage as a lender. they rock!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:26 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Hi! I live in Blackstone, a Shea subdivision, and i can honestly say we have a quality built home. We have been here for six months and we are *hard* on our home, if you know what i mean? I would recommend them to anybody.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:52 AM

Does anyone actually live in Providence Pointe? If so, what are your thoughts on the neighborhood?

Old 08-10-2007, 12:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe06 View Post
Does anyone actually live in Providence Pointe? If so, what are your thoughts on the neighborhood?
Looks like MMorin does, did you see that post above? You could pm them for more info

Old 08-10-2007, 12:36 PM

oopsy! I guess that's what I get for running on no sleep this week (too much excitement with buying a house).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: