U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 10:05 AM

308 posts, read 529,470 times

Advertisements

I have heard "94 and out the door". I do think that the system in Mecklenburg is great. You always have a general idea of the sanitation status of your chose restaruant. I recall going to an Indian restaurant for lunch and when I got back to my hotel (some while back) the same restaurant had been closen down as the temperature in the buffet wasn't kept at a high enough temperature.

I have found that Asian restaurants will generally have a lower score as they practice different sanitation habits in their countries. It is good that they are made to assimilate to our standards.
Nevertheless, I would likely eat in a Asian restaurant with a score of "93" but not in a hamburger joint.

My date and I recently went to a Thai restaurant. The food was great and sushi excellent. My date had scallops in her meal. She got terrible food poisioning from them. The restaurant had a very high sanitation grade but a bad bunch of scallops. A friend that accompanied us that is a local doctor told us before to not order scallops. They are often bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 AM

1,661 posts, read 2,785,214 times
I would not eat raw scallops, raw oysters, or for that matter any raw seafood this far inland. No telling where they got them and how long they have been out of the water.

You are just asking to spend days sitting on the toilet making explosive noises.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:52 PM

4 posts, read 13,702 times
Default first mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcharlotte View Post
well tonight i was picking up a pizza at pizza hut and the grade was 93.5. Then i noticed their servesafe certification which means the raw score was 91.5. Then i was about to get ticked for the policy of them opening the pizza boxes so you can make sure it's "ok" which of course releases all the heat.

Ends up i ordered the wrong pizza. They offered to fix it free as long as i could wait which i did.

So a weird night for me but i wanted to pass along the trick with the servesafe certificates. That certificate is worth 2 points if you see them near a relatively low score you might want to do the math.
first mistake is getting pizza from pizza hut (uuuhhhggg) lolol:d

Old 07-04-2011, 12:11 PM

308 posts, read 529,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
I would not eat raw scallops, raw oysters, or for that matter any raw seafood this far inland. No telling where they got them and how long they have been out of the water.

You are just asking to spend days sitting on the toilet making explosive noises.
I agree generally. The scallops were actually cooked. The sushi at the restaurant is supposed to be the best in town and I must admit it looks teriffic. I believe that the scallop situation was just an unfortunate occurance, but I will discourage anyone from ordering scallops.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:00 PM

1,661 posts, read 2,785,214 times
If they were indeed cooked, then that would indicate this best sushi restaurant in town has some serious issues with how it makes sushi. Maybe it would be best if you didn't go there again.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:42 PM

983 posts, read 2,170,620 times
Interesting thread, I have been wondering about this myself and most places I go to have a number in the mid 90. Today I was at a café in Boone and noticed the number and wow, I see 99 for the first time. I sure want to eat in a clean place so I my goal will be to notice the number and only go to restaurants that have higher than 95 score.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or