Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to go with....to craft shows, small towns, or drive arounds?
Travel Companion 0 0%
Company to enjoy experiences 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:51 AM

19 posts, read 54,404 times

Advertisements

Looking for craft shows, native american pow wows, interesting places to visit and shop. Would like to find places where I can sell, ceramics, watercolor paintings, and mosaics I have made. School is out in two weeks and I want to have my summer busy going and doing and experiencing. Please send suggestions, ideas, places, and groups or individuals to go with!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 01:42 AM

19 posts, read 59,857 times
Question Craft Fairs

Anyone know of a craft fair coming up?
Do you know who I would contact if I want to reserve a booth?
Thanks

Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 AM

583 posts, read 2,802,392 times
This a good source for ongoing festivals & usually has the contact information on who to contact about booths:
Festival Members of the North Carolina Association of Festivals and Events (NCAF&E)

There's also CraftLister.com - FREE Online Listings of Thousands of Arts and Craft Shows, Artists, Crafters, and Promoters!, but unless you have a full account you can't see the details about the events until fairly close to the actual event. But you can also google to find out more, based on what you can see

If you're wanting a show around Charlotte, there's one called something like 'Etsy Crafting Patch' which l think is pretty good size... and I think that they're still open for reserving booths & it's in October (Team Etsy » North Carolina Etsy Street Team Call For Vendors!).

Check out the forums on Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade for other craft shows. There's an etsy forum with all the other crafters for NC listing their 'stores' and that's a good resource too.

Several email groups on Yahoo will let you know about upcoming shows across NC.

From time to time there's other shows listed in the Arts & Crafts board on craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events too.

If you'd be up for a drive to Winston-Salem, the last Saturday in September is a great show in the park around Cricket's Nest & booths are only ~$12 (Index).

There's one in October that's listed on Raleigh's Craig's list under Arts & Crafts. I don't know much about it, but I did speak to the organizer's husband an application is in the mail to me.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 AM

I just posted a lengthy response on another post, & it sorta answers your questions too

http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...aft-fairs.html

Old 08-08-2007, 08:34 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
Here's a link to "Gilmore Shows Exhibitor Information"

Gilmore Shows

Old 08-08-2007, 08:37 AM

These might give you some leads too...??

Charlotte Events - Guide to Charlotte event listings. Find upcoming Charlotte events with EventSetter Charlotte. (broken link)

Winston-Salem Events - Guide to Winston-Salem event listings. Find upcoming Winston-Salem events with EventSetter Winston-Salem. (broken link)

Raleigh-Durham Events - Guide to Raleigh-Durham event listings. Find upcoming Raleigh-Durham events with EventSetter Raleigh-Durham. (broken link)

Old 08-08-2007, 08:40 AM

I forgot about the National Guard's craft fair in Durham (last Sat. in September too)...

Home
or
2nd Annual Craft Fair in Raleigh-Durham Festivals / Fairs / Parades on Saturday, September 29, 2007 hosted by NC National Guard 30th STB Family Readiness Group: Event ID # 31988

If you can't make this one... they'll be glad to put you on the mailing list so that you can hear about next year's!

Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 AM

4 posts, read 18,308 times
Default Craft fairs

Depending on what kind of craft you do, you may want to join Charlotte Craft Mafia. They just had a craft show off Central Ave and join together when major festivals are around.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:38 PM

That sounds like fun... do you by chance know of a Raleigh group like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte