U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 10:43 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,672,316 times

Advertisements

Charlotte is a great city in many ways, but it also counts on us, as citizens, to report certain things like potholes, blocked drains, graffiti, tall weeds, litter, etc. that we see during our daily travels throughout the city.

Calling 311 is good when you can get through. I tried several times today but got a message saying they were unable to connect my call.

So, I have found that reporting these things through the citizen service web-site a bit easier.

I used it to report about 6 blocked drains along my street so I will see if they get serviced. I immediately got a response saying it should be done within 5 days. We'll see....

I encourage everyone, as tax paying citizens, to use this site when they see something that needs to be dealt with by the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 AM

820 posts, read 1,465,947 times
Default 311

If someone has trouble connecting to 311, it could be your telephone service. We switched to ATT U-Verse last fall and the system will not connect to 311 (911 works, though). It's a system problem that ATT is working to correct. Meanwhile, if I have a 311 call to make, I use my cell phone and make contact. Never fails to connect. If a person has another carrier, they might want to check with their customer service to see if their system does connect with 311 or if there is a glitch in their phone system.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:06 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,672,316 times
I do have AT&T and have normally been able to call 311 in the past although I haven't tried in a couple months until yesterday. They may have been having problems yesterday.

You can also call 704-336-7600 for the same 311 service.

While I agree that calling may be more convenient, the website may be a better alternative for those at work or in an environment where they prefer to be more discreet. It's a great service nonetheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte