U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Emy

113 posts, read 360,578 times

Advertisements

Why are you so argumentative and disrespectful? If someone says they don't like something do you purposely do it because that's what you were taught?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 05:43 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,424,460 times
I am not, hon. I am making a point that not everyone is offended by certain words. Especially if they are meant in a nice way, which is how I used it in the Prev. Post.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:43 PM

18 posts, read 25,435 times
I'm sorry but KMWAY you obviously have a different outlook than some of us. And I don't think "it's how we talk here, get used to it" applies to calling someone hon when trying to school them. That's a great attitude my friend, speaking about attitude! Cummon, that was total blow and you know it. I don't get it! If you don't understand my questions why do you remain on this thread? Seriously just go to another forum or something if it's not workin' out for ya. Some people have got my questions and so far I've gotten a ton of info on some sub-d's. Thanks for those b.t.w! Okay I'll end it here with you Kmway.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Emy

Very nicely put Lilo!

Old 08-09-2007, 05:47 PM

I'm not going anywhere, but thanks for the suggestion. I have added more to this forum to those who want to listen than others in the room.....

Again, if you really want help, look at the millions of threads available or ask specific questions about specific neighborhoods, areas, schools, etc. We are more than happy to help.

Lesson one: don't get all freaked out when locals use their vernacular that you are not used to.

Now that is nicely put.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
I'm not going anywhere, but thanks for the suggestion. I have added more to this forum to those who want to listen than others in the room.....

Again, if you really want help, look at the millions of threads available or ask specific questions about specific neighborhoods, areas, schools, etc. We are more than happy to help.

Now that is nicely put.
KMWAY,
Lilo dodn't say forum she said thread. You probably have been very helpful to others on different threads, but if being helpful is what you want to be why are you being so argumentative in this one. Just keep your reputation as someone helpful on this forum and stop being so disrespectful and not helpful. I haven't seen you answer any of Lilo's questions. If you don't have a decent answer go onto another thread where you can be of help.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:53 PM

Read again...here you go.

Quote:
Seriously just go to another forum or something
I appreciate your points of view Emy. However, go to page 3 and you'll see that when the person you are defending started talking about "stupid smiley faces" in her post, "who are you?" in regard to me when I gave an opinion, and neighborhoods with "no character" when she has admittedly spent no time here, the thread went downhill fast. I will defend our city (and the way we talk) at all expense.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Read again...here you go.

I appreciate your points of view Emy. However, go to page 3 and you'll see that when the person you are defending started talking about "stupid smiley faces" in her post, "who are you?" in regard to me when I gave an opinion, and neighborhoods with "no character" when she has admittedly spent no time here, the thread went downhill fast. I will defend our city (and the way we talk) at all expense.
Sorry about the mess up on the forum verses thread. I honestly think Lilo just wants answers and we could all show her how great people can be here instead of showing her how critical people can be. That's the best way of defending our city.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:59 PM

Maybe after she visits she'll have some questions about neighborhoods and stuff and then we will be better able to help.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:02 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,277,470 times
kmway you know you're one of the regulars on here I have a world of respect for. I think I know what you're doing. There's been so much with the "why don't they have this here" or "why do they talk like this" and either directly or inadvertently wanting to impose the culture down here that they're used to. I can tell you've finally had it and I can't really say that I blame you. I think there's a time and a place for the "leave it where you came from" and for the most part I think you've chosen your time and place wisely. Just be careful that you don't blur the line between those really pissed as to why something isn't here or why people act a certain way and people asking a simple question.

Go ahead...let me have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte