Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:26 AM

396 posts, read 1,630,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The board voted UNANOMOUSLY (sp?) to put LBTD on the ballot. This vote is HUGE for Wesley Chapel and Union County for that matter. If the referendum doesn't pass, certain restaurants will not go up w/that development. We (Union county) NEED LBTD to pass because it will keep people from traveling to Pineville, Matthews and Charlotte (ie Mecklenburg) to spend money. Very simple, the more money spent in UC, the less our taxes will go up.

I wish the town council of Indian Trail was as open to respect the voters wishes as the council of wesley chapel...

Great post!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Your Location says "Wesly Chapel, FLORIDA" - You are LOST!
There is a Wesley Chapel in Florida too....how funny if you re-locate to Wesley Chapel, NC. I am easily amused

Old 08-21-2007, 08:10 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,426,802 times
No, its a current list. Keep in mind, there's also a Lowe's Foods, with a Harris Teeter accross the street. A WallGreens with a CVS accross the street and a BofA with a Wachovia accross the street. The pizza is Anzi (like at Stonecrest). The Chinese is fast takeout, no sitdown. The insurance office is Allstate. Every shopping center has a dry cleaners (I think it is a law or something). I think that competition in the area is much needed and will be welcomed. IMO the to restaruants at Village Commons aren't very good and are over priced (LaStrada)

Old 08-21-2007, 08:24 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,294 times
Default thanks

Well I am glad to have a BOA closer...we actually really like LaStrada..I think the pie and wings are good.

I wish they were putting in some cute higher end clothing boutiques though like the other shopping centers.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:28 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
Accross from the Harris Teeter, will be a:
Lowe's Foods,
MickyD's
BofA
Wallgreens
Anzio Pizza
Quiznos
Chinese Takeout
Dri Cleaner
Dr. Office
Insurance Office
Coffee House (not a Starbucks)
24 Hour Gym (24 Hour Fitness I think)
A sitdown restaurant/pub like Hickory Tavern.
interesting...where did you see this list?

Old 08-22-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
No, its a current list. Keep in mind, there's also a Lowe's Foods, with a Harris Teeter accross the street. A WallGreens with a CVS accross the street and a BofA with a Wachovia accross the street. The pizza is Anzi (like at Stonecrest). The Chinese is fast takeout, no sitdown. The insurance office is Allstate. Every shopping center has a dry cleaners (I think it is a law or something). I think that competition in the area is much needed and will be welcomed. IMO the to restaruants at Village Commons aren't very good and are over priced (LaStrada)

Ok, this made me laugh as I have seriously never seen as many dry cleaners in my life as I have since moving here. I'm glad the one down there will have a little competition as I almost choked when I went to pick up my cleaning and had to pay the bill. Great post!!

Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 AM

279 posts, read 1,085,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
Well I am glad to have a BOA closer...we actually really like LaStrada..I think the pie and wings are good.

I wish they were putting in some cute higher end clothing boutiques though like the other shopping centers.
Exactly! How about a White House | Black Market or Ann Taylor/Loft?

Old 08-22-2007, 10:51 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,294 times
Default yes..

or a gift shop, nice shoe store, just something out this way!

Irdraman..there are a lot of dry cleaners. I just brought my things over to the cleaners by Earthfare they were the only ones in NC that offer organic dry cleaning.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
interesting...where did you see this list?
I'm friends with a broker who is representing one of the leesees on the list. He knew that I lived in the area and gave me a heads up as to what was coming our way.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina-in-Ashland View Post
Exactly! How about a White House | Black Market or Ann Taylor/Loft?
I'm afraid that the area just isn't that upscale. Mostly you are going to see the same cookie cutter service related shops (Dr. Offices, Dry Cleaners, Insurance, Movie Rentals) and some second tier fast food (Small Pizza chains, Quizznos, Wokaterias etc.). Even over a Cureton, there's no real retail, just service and food. I think Phase II and III of Village Commons will have some additional retail, since the Target is the anchor tenant. Similar to the Promande at Providence with SteinMart, JoBanks, Pier1 and then the smaller boutiques.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte