Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 04:45 PM

35 posts, read 67,330 times

Advertisements

I work in the health care field now (administration end) and have applied for several jobs at CMC over the last few months. Finally, two of my applications have been reviewed and forwared to the hiring manager.

I know that's no guarantee, but it's hopeful anyway.

My current job is fine but not that challenging, and that's what I'm hoping CMC can bring me.

Can anyone give me an idea of salary range and what the PTO is? I'm lucky that I get 20 PTO days off per year now, and that makes it easy to travel with the family.

Just the clerical part, really..

Unit secretary, patient representative, coding tech.

And very importantly, are you happy with how CMC is run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 06:22 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,860,461 times
My experience as a CMC employee was terrible, but that was more that my manager was a complete butthole than it was a testament to how the system runs.

Salary range for your type position probably runs in the $ 8-12/hr range, depending on experience. PTO is actually pretty generous. You'll earn about 7.5 hrs every 2 weeks, after your 90 day probation is up.

Good luck with the interviews! Seems the managers are bad about getting back to applicants, although that may be that they're overwhelmed with the volume of applicants more than anything else.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:00 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,424,643 times
My husband works for CHS. He has a Masters in Health research and a BA in Accounting and finance and to me isn't adequately financially rewarded for his knowledge and responsibilities. The job REQUIRES a Masters and pays less than a RN with an associates degree in some cases.

Funny what Hoagie says as my husbands' experience is that some of the managers, AVPs and even VPs don't seem to have what it takes, and have got to that position because of who they'd worked for before etc etc.They seem good at talking the talk, but often seems to stop there and not good at setting targets/goals and measuring outcomes etc.
One of the big things he comments on is the lack of ,what we would see as ,fairly basic IT skills (for management level)
Carolinas would appear to have this bizarre system where they don't have to advertise a new post (even internally) if there's only 1 person within the department where the job has been created that could do the job. They just move that person into the job! That's all fine and good, but if your bossom buddies with the manager but everyone else thinks you're lazy and full of it, then you can imagine that it creates some tension.

I know that the HR department doesn't have a wonderful reputation within the system and yes, managers are slow to get back to arrange further interviews et etc.
My husband wasn't offered the job until 6 months after he'd been interviewed!

Yes he gets around 25 days a year PTO and has to take time off for holidays like Christmas day etc out of that too.

I'm not up on what sort of premiums people pay for health insurance, but ours seems fairly steep, considering CHS is self insured-ie they own the insurance company.
We pay $215 per 2 week pay period (that's not dental or vision) on the family inusrance plan.
That's the plan with the higher deductible etc , so the lower premium.
I think when it was just my husband he was paying about $70 per pay period.
When it was him and our son it went up to around $120 then hiked when he added me.

They are also bringing in several new things where they ask for copies of birth certificates of dependents and for evidence that if spouse is on your plan, that they aren't employed.If they are then they will charge an extra premium if you still want them on your plan.

Last edited by Whatsthenews; 07-11-2011 at 09:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte