U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 07:46 PM

11,816 posts, read 26,795,357 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for something clean and inexpensive that allows dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 10:31 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,791,771 times
We had our dog stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Mooresville back in 2006 (exit 36 on I-77). There was a $20 fee for him at the time & the dogs have to be 20 lbs. or less (I have a Westie). Not sure if their policy has changed since then or what they're like now. The place was spotless.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:16 AM

166 posts, read 574,850 times
When we were first looking down here we stayed at the Residence Inn in Huntersville, exit 25. The room was clean and dogs were welcomed.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 AM

407 posts, read 728,292 times
All Days Inn and LaQuinta Inns allow dogs. The Huntersville and Cornelius areas are very pet friendly. Plus there are alot of bars and restaurants with outdoor seating in Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, and Mooresville that will allow your dog to join you.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:28 AM

5,885 posts, read 7,739,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting2go View Post
When we were first looking down here we stayed at the Residence Inn in Huntersville, exit 25. The room was clean and dogs were welcomed.
Did you have a dog when you stayed there? I like them, but most Marriott properties that allow pets charge outrageous fees for them. Just checked and the Residence Inn Huntersville is $100. However, it is a one-time fee and is the same no matter how long you stay, so if you're staying for 4+ nights it might be worth it. If not, you're probably better off staying somewhere that only charges a nightly fee...speaking of which, looks like the Holiday Inn Mooresville is up to $25/night now.

To the OP, depending on how long you're staying as well as your definition of "clean and inexpensive," you might want to look at hotels similar to what nacmd suggested. However, it appears there are no La Quinta's in the Lake Norman area, and the Days Inn Mooresville actually does not allow pets. There is a Days Inn in Cornelius, and although I've never actually been inside, I just moved nearby and when I first moved I could've sworn the place was abandoned. I also checked out the reviews and they weren't so glowing, so not sure if I'd recommend that one. One other one I'll throw out there is the Red Roof Inn in Statesville which appears to have a pets stay free policy and actually got decent reviews.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 AM

686 posts, read 1,417,957 times
Red Rood Inn allows pets. I know there is one in Statesville, but I am not sure about Huntersville or Mooresville. I am pretty sure they are cheap.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:29 PM

11,816 posts, read 26,795,357 times
Just staying 2 nights. I love the outdoor seating thing My dog is 90 pounds so I need to find something that will allow her.

Anybody know about the Quality Inn in Huntersville? How far is Mooresville from there as well?

Old 07-12-2011, 08:34 PM

3,819 posts, read 5,202,263 times
I'm not sure if they allow dogs or not, but to get from the Quality Inn to the main Mooresville exit could take anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes depending on the day of the week and the time of day (it can rarely even take over an hour).

Old 07-13-2011, 08:23 AM

166 posts, read 574,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Did you have a dog when you stayed there? I like them, but most Marriott properties that allow pets charge outrageous fees for them. Just checked and the Residence Inn Huntersville is $100. However, it is a one-time fee and is the same no matter how long you stay, so if you're staying for 4+ nights it might be worth it. If not, you're probably better off staying somewhere that only charges a nightly fee...speaking of which, looks like the Holiday Inn Mooresville is up to $25/night now.

To the OP, depending on how long you're staying as well as your definition of "clean and inexpensive," you might want to look at hotels similar to what nacmd suggested. However, it appears there are no La Quinta's in the Lake Norman area, and the Days Inn Mooresville actually does not allow pets. There is a Days Inn in Cornelius, and although I've never actually been inside, I just moved nearby and when I first moved I could've sworn the place was abandoned. I also checked out the reviews and they weren't so glowing, so not sure if I'd recommend that one. One other one I'll throw out there is the Red Roof Inn in Statesville which appears to have a pets stay free policy and actually got decent reviews.

WOW, They really raised the fee. The last time we stayed there with our dog it was only $20.00, but that was four years ago. We usually stayed there 2 to 3 days at a time. But I guess they must of had some problems. It was a nice place to stay and it was clean. Since we were looking in Huntersville is was great for us since we could get out early and be in the developments we were looking at really quick. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte