Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:27 AM

52 posts, read 259,086 times

Advertisements

Cameron Wood
Selwyn Farm
Sedgefield
Midwood
Park Crossing
Chantilly
NoDa (Arts District)
Beverly (Something)
Cotswald (sp?)
Commonwealth
Corinthean Place
SMithfield
Stonehaven
Downing place

Saw homes I liked in each of these neighborhoods. Looking for:
Good elementary schools
something newer or renovated 2000-2400 sq ft and NICE for$375-$415K pretty tree-filled neighborhood
close to shopping conveniences
25 minutes or less commute to uptown
Safe

Can anyone comments on these particular areas if u live there or know them well???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 07:09 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,489,780 times
If you found a property for that price in Sedgefield, BUY IT! I have never heard of anything for under 1M in that neighborhood.

Do you want to live in Meck or Union? Do you have school age children? If so, then I would look at properties that feed into Ardrey Kell High or Marvin Ridge High.

Dawn

Old 08-10-2007, 07:11 AM

Oh, never mind. None of these areas is a 25 mile commute. You will need to move further north.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
If you found a property for that price in Sedgefield, BUY IT! I have never heard of anything for under 1M in that neighborhood.

Do you want to live in Meck or Union? Do you have school age children? If so, then I would look at properties that feed into Ardrey Kell High or Marvin Ridge High.

Dawn

Old 08-10-2007, 07:27 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
I think it's Beverly Crest -- I have friends that live there and just sold one in there. Lot sizes tend to be smaller, and most homes will need to be maintained on the outside on a regular basis (painted) but IMO the homes are built well and it's a great walking neighborhood.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:55 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,934 times
They are referring to the Sedgefield neighborhood in South Charlotte. Great area I used to live around there.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:58 AM

69 posts, read 277,530 times
I live in Cameron Wood and I love it. We chose this neighborhood because of the swim club and pond (my kids love the frogs and turtles and participating in the annual fish restocking every year), the great elementary, middle and higt schools that are *all* within walking distance, the beautiful trees, and the greenway. The greenway is mowed but unpaved so it is mostly used by the people in the neighborhood and it is very peaceful and fun to walk out there.

I also like the location. There are lots of things to do nearby and Park Rd usually has good traffic flow so it is easy to get around. There are lots of convenient stores and two malls within 10-15 minutes drive, close enough for easy access, far enough that we don't suffer from traffic problems.

My husband works north of uptown on Graham Street, so his commute is a little longer than most. It takes him 30 minutes to get to and from work going through the city.

Theresa

Old 08-10-2007, 07:59 AM

Oh. Ok. I didn't know there were 2.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
They are referring to the Sedgefield neighborhood in South Charlotte. Great area I used to live around there.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 AM

515 posts, read 1,036,905 times
As a point of reference I rent at the coner of Ballantyne Commons Pkway and Lancaster. The commute uptown is 1hr at 6:45am and 1:15 at 4:30pm....parking uptown (less than a 15min walk) is about $125/month. You would need to move inside of Pineville Mathews Rd to get commutes around 45min door to desk....people claim the commute from SC up 77 is much better, but I don't know myself.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LACAMOM View Post
Cameron Wood
Selwyn Farm
Sedgefield
Midwood
Park Crossing
Chantilly
NoDa (Arts District)
Beverly (Something)
Cotswald (sp?)
Commonwealth
Corinthean Place
SMithfield
Stonehaven
Downing place

Saw homes I liked in each of these neighborhoods. Looking for:
Good elementary schools
something newer or renovated 2000-2400 sq ft and NICE for$375-$415K pretty tree-filled neighborhood
close to shopping conveniences
25 minutes or less commute to uptown
Safe

Can anyone comments on these particular areas if u live there or know them well???

Considering all you are trying to accomplish, (good commute, good schools), your absolute best bet on this list is Cotswold - hands down. You can be in uptown in 10 minutes during regular times and in about 20-25 minutes during rush hour. It is very close to South Park for great shopping and has other retail in the Cotswold Mall itself. This is a very desirable location.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:25 AM

52 posts, read 259,086 times
What are the elementary schools like in Costwold? Is the neighborhood young professionals and/or families? I saw a new home there I liked very much - was that a fluke or is there a fair bit of new construction (old is ok too - as long as it's renovated. I'm a single mom of two and don't have a lot of time to fix up/maintain an older home). Anyone have any photos of any of these neighborhoods?
Thanks guys...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte