Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:24 PM

830 posts, read 1,529,664 times

Advertisements

My favorite Vietnamese restaurant is Vietnam Grill on South Blvd, just S of Tyvola.

Zen Market on Park South close to Tin Tin was good for foodstuffs, but closed pretty recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 AM

9 posts, read 29,006 times
Super G and Grand Asia are both awesome.

Depends on what you are looking for.

Super G carries mostly Korean items, Grand Asia carries more Chinese food items.

Grand Asia has GREAT bakery dept, fresh from kitchen, whereas Super G doesn't.

Grand Asia's restaurant is much larger than Super G's

Old 07-19-2011, 11:40 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,366,938 times
"Well, they answered the phone and said they are open for business so it doesn't appear that they have. I didn't know they had Pho. I've never been a fan of Korean food so I haven't gone there."

Sorry, I think I confused you bs. Chowon is the Korean place that I thought was closed. There's also a Korean restaurant within Super G Mart. And in the same strip mall as Super G, there's a new Vietnamese place where I had the pho.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:51 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,286,491 times
I really wish Charlotte had a Kaiten Sushi restaurant.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,366,938 times
It is funny given how many sushi restaurants there are in Charlotte that none are kaiten style. The only downside is that I used to go to one in NYC and would occasionally see people take the plates of the conveyor belt and then put them back. Potential yuck.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:26 PM

1,661 posts, read 3,286,491 times
Not only are there no Kaiten restaurants, almost all the sushi here is Gaijin sushi. The biggest offense is putting rice on the outside because the restaurants think Americans are repelled by the nori.

(Oh and the horror of it. The horrible but expensive sushi at Harris Teeter has high fructose corn syrup in the rice. They have managed to turn it into candy. )

Old 07-24-2011, 07:21 PM

495 posts, read 1,077,206 times
Just stopped by Grand Asia Market for the first time today (have been to the one in Cary, NC before when I lived in those parts). I have to say, excellent selection for this area! Picked up some jasmine rice, thai sweet and thin soy, Golden Mountain sauce, Sambal, a few types of Thai noodles, gai lan, yu choy, and bean sprouts (although some of the other veggies looked kinda sickly - it's a bit hit or miss). It's about the same in size and scope as the one in Cary, and thus probably has the largest selection of Chinese-centric groceries in North Carolina. Nice to have around, even though it is a bit out in the boonies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte