U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 11:51 AM

30 posts, read 53,195 times

Advertisements

So I'm looking to transport a couch and mattress home, and went to uhaul to rent a trailer. All was well, $15 for the day, no mileage, blah blah blah. Then the lady asked what I'm towing with, and I say Ford Explorer, and I'm just instantly shut down. It's a 6 mile move, but they won't budge. Does anyone know of other places in Gastonia, or nearby that would rent a small utility trailer? Also, needs to be a place that's open on weekends, as today is saturday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 12:05 PM

240 posts, read 769,172 times
I'm not sure about a trailer, but Home Depot rents trucks by the by the hour. Whats wrong with an Explorer ? I've seen them rent trailers to people with cars.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:08 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,351,212 times
How about the truck you can rent from Home Depot for $20 for 75 minutes?

Old 07-16-2011, 12:10 PM

30 posts, read 53,195 times
From what I was told, and what googling finds, it's an old policy left from the days of the Firestone/Explorer rollover thing. Even though my Explorer way newer, and totally different design that the old ones. I'll check on the home Depot truck. I thought you had to buy lumber or something to justify the truck, but maybe not.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:11 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,351,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by witton View Post
I'm not sure about a trailer, but Home Depot rents trucks by the by the hour. Whats wrong with an Explorer ? I've seen them rent trailers to people with cars.
I was checking the HD site for the current rate and time as you beat me to the post.

I also wondered about U-Haul not renting due to OP having an Explorer.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:13 PM

21,985 posts, read 27,281,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofohio View Post
So I'm looking to transport a couch and mattress home, and went to uhaul to rent a trailer. All was well, $15 for the day, no mileage, blah blah blah. Then the lady asked what I'm towing with, and I say Ford Explorer, and I'm just instantly shut down. It's a 6 mile move, but they won't budge. Does anyone know of other places in Gastonia, or nearby that would rent a small utility trailer? Also, needs to be a place that's open on weekends, as today is saturday.
Call here. It's a U-haul place in Blacksburg. They're open 7 days a week. They might agree to it. U-Haul: Locations: JK's Food Mart: Rental rates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or