U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2011, 11:13 AM

14,699 posts, read 14,158,001 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are child free and around your age group (34 and 40 respectively). We'd be glad to get together.

Several people have already mentioned Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup. The Good Eats N Meets group is good as well. Some people have kids, some don't.

Good Eats & Meets! Charlotte (Charlotte, NC) - Meetup
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 12:33 PM

3,117 posts, read 3,815,643 times
It's awesome to see the other childless couples coming out of the woodwork here! We thought we were all alone! Our "friends" have been slowly dropping out of our lives over the past five years as they have all started families and we are still waiting. Good riddance, as they are obviously selfish, shallow people, but unfortunately Charlotte has proved to be a terrible place to make new, childless friends our age.

We are 34 (me) and 30 (DH).

Old 07-18-2011, 12:42 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,127,452 times
How about a City Data Charlotte No Kids meetup? The OMB event this coming weekend might not be a bad place to do that. DM me if you think you might go and I'll send you my Google Voice phone number.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:19 PM

2,193 posts, read 3,223,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
How about a City Data Charlotte No Kids meetup? The OMB event this coming weekend might not be a bad place to do that. DM me if you think you might go and I'll send you my Google Voice phone number.
What time you thinking of going?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:45 PM

3,117 posts, read 3,815,643 times
What's OMB? I think part of our problem is that while we are childless, we aren't partiers. We're perfectly happy messing around in the garden, cooking good food, hiking or biking, taking day trips, going to museums, etc.

That all actually sounds like meetup-type stuff. Maybe I should look into it...

Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 PM
ckw

9 posts, read 7,251 times
This rings a bell with me.
I'm 45, and just went to a birthday party for a 1 year old, last weekend.

1 year old??

Why?
Not why did I go, why do we have a birthday party for a 1 year old?

I bought some gifts, for his Dad, something I would like.

Learned something.
So you know the Gov. actually puts age groups on the packaging.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 PM
ckw

9 posts, read 7,251 times
Look, reading back through the thread, maybe I should explain.

I'm glad my friends, have started the fam.
They all seemed to do it a little later in life, and looking at the # of seperations/divorce, I think they did it right.
It puts a big old smile on my face, when I get asked to attend.

I have to ask, who belongs to who.
Don't keep up with the Jones's, and they don't expect me to.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:04 AM

1,070 posts, read 1,127,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
What time you thinking of going?
Not sure. The event runs from 2pm-8pm. I think we are going to try to go around 2pm. Maybe beat any rush. Not much into Cornhole so I don't plan on doing that. We like the beer and figured we'd go. We are just waiting for some friends to let us know if they are going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
What's OMB? I think part of our problem is that while we are childless, we aren't partiers. We're perfectly happy messing around in the garden, cooking good food, hiking or biking, taking day trips, going to museums, etc.

That all actually sounds like meetup-type stuff. Maybe I should look into it...
OMB = Olde Mecklenburg Brewery - The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery

My wife and I aren't partiers. I am not into the bar scene. Never was. I would rather buy a 6-pack, though I'd only drink 2-3, and hang out with friends at someones house. Plus, it's a lot cheaper.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 AM

35,568 posts, read 43,752,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
Not sure. The event runs from 2pm-8pm. I think we are going to try to go around 2pm. Maybe beat any rush. Not much into Cornhole so I don't plan on doing that. We like the beer and figured we'd go. We are just waiting for some friends to let us know if they are going.

OMB = Olde Mecklenburg Brewery - The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery

My wife and I aren't partiers. I am not into the bar scene. Never was. I would rather buy a 6-pack, though I'd only drink 2-3, and hang out with friends at someones house. Plus, it's a lot cheaper.
Sounds like you and some of the others on this thread should be getting together for backyard BBQs! There are doubtless many other couples who would enjoy chilling out at home. Hope you guys can hook up and have a cook off. Maybe combine it with a beer or wine tasting.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:22 AM

7,353 posts, read 3,704,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
It's awesome to see the other childless couples coming out of the woodwork here! We thought we were all alone! Our "friends" have been slowly dropping out of our lives over the past five years as they have all started families and we are still waiting. Good riddance, as they are obviously selfish, shallow people, but unfortunately Charlotte has proved to be a terrible place to make new, childless friends our age.

We are 34 (me) and 30 (DH).
selfish and shallow? Please tell me you are kidding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte