Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 02:28 PM

22 posts, read 31,017 times

Advertisements

Need Some Advice,

So, I am coming to Charlotte for New Years Eve, with my best friend, it will be her 30th bday and we are looking to have a pretty good time. Could really use some suggestions of things to do, while we are there?

Things to Note
Never been to Charlotte, b4, what is the arts & culture scene like (i.e. POETRY, MUSUEMS)
We are in our late 20’s and early 30, so no kiddie clubs, but no senior spots either. any great suggestions for NYE club spot and kind of cover charge are we talking (nothing over 200) ?
-What are some great restaurants, looking for at least one good soul food/southern spot and sushi place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 02:37 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threediva View Post
Need Some Advice,

So, I am coming to Charlotte for New Years Eve, with my best friend, it will be her 30th bday and we are looking to have a pretty good time. Could really use some suggestions of things to do, while we are there?

Things to Note
Never been to Charlotte, b4, what is the arts & culture scene like (i.e. POETRY, MUSUEMS)
We are in our late 20’s and early 30, so no kiddie clubs, but no senior spots either. any great suggestions for NYE club spot and kind of cover charge are we talking (nothing over 200) ?
-What are some great restaurants, looking for at least one good soul food/southern spot and sushi place?
One thing about Charlotte is that things constantly change. You might want to try back closer to time for you to come. Whatever you plan on doing now, might not be around then, or they'll probably be something new that's not open yet.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:37 PM

17 posts, read 33,417 times
I was just down there 2 weeks ago, and Tryon ave in Charlotte seemed like the hot spot , but was FILLED with younger 20 somethings in all the bars I went to.. I am also 30 and over that scene as well didn't check out any of the many restaurants on the AVE. so maybe all the older 20 something 30 years old hang there?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:52 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,369,119 times
It's actually Tryon Street. Definitely check closer to that date.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:01 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Is OP actually planning 5 1/2 months in advance?

Old 07-18-2011, 05:41 PM

103 posts, read 144,352 times
All of us late 20/early 30 somethings dont hang out at the kiddie clubs, we hang out with our families....Growing up is good, just sayin.

"No cover over $200." Thats just too funny to comment on. My question would be, if you want a partying NYE, why are you coming here? Go all out. Head to Miami!....Miami, hmm, I am really rethinking the pompous comment about family time made above!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganite22 View Post
All of us late 20/early 30 somethings dont hang out at the kiddie clubs, we hang out with our families....Growing up is good, just sayin.

"No cover over $200." Thats just too funny to comment on. My question would be, if you want a partying NYE, why are you coming here? Go all out. Head to Miami!....Miami, hmm, I am really rethinking the pompous comment about family time made above!
Not sure where the hostility is coming from, just wanted info for our visit. Already going to the Aria in Vegas early in December, and a group of us went to Miami last year.

Just trying a change of pace, plus she says she wants to come to Charlotte. I heard it was a pretty cool city, so just looking for suggestions.

Won't even respond to the family or growing up comment. I prefer to stay positive in these forums.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:54 PM

103 posts, read 144,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threediva View Post
Not sure where the hostility is coming from, just wanted info for our visit. Already going to the Aria in Vegas early in December, and a group of us went to Miami last year.

Just trying a change of pace, plus she says she wants to come to Charlotte. I heard it was a pretty cool city, so just looking for suggestions.

Won't even respond to the family or growing up comment. I prefer to stay positive in these forums.

I am just kidding, take it easy. Where did you stay in Miami?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganite22 View Post
I am just kidding, take it easy. Where did you stay in Miami?
The EPIC, it is really nice and has the best hospitality rep in Miami. The rooms were great and the staff treated us amazingly.

here the link, if your interested:

Downtown Miami Luxury Boutique Hotels: EPIC Hotel Miami

Miami is super expensive during NYE, as are mostly major cities so plan well. Hence, why I am asking so early about Charlotte, I just like to have a slight plan, especially when trying out a different spot.

I am assuming, based on your comment early, Charlotte NYE clubs are not really pricey.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Is OP actually planning 5 1/2 months in advance?
i have to because taking two other trips in December.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte