Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 PM

73 posts, read 324,831 times

Advertisements

I was wondering how charlotte , NC is? I have 3 kids ages 3,2, and 6 weeks and they are mixed is this a diverse area? I heard its really pretty out that way. But please let me know what spots are the best in charlotte, to rent a house also, how are the jobs out their? I want to give my family a better life so is this the spot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Charlotte is the largest city in NC (population and land area). The metro area includes several other cities/counties. It is diverse here. I'm not sure what you mean by "out of the way". The job market can vary depending on what field are you in. What is your budget for rent? That will help us suggest an area that meets your needs.

You may find these threads helpful.

Newcomer Guide to Charlotte Area for Useful Information & Services

Festivals & Events!!!!

Life in Charlotte in video

Old South or New South

What is diversity like in Charlotte compared to other areas in the South?

Does CHarlotte have more of an urban sophisticated feel over Raleigh?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 AM

9 posts, read 43,078 times
We moved here from California 2 years ago. We LOVE it. We spent 3 years traveling around the country trying to decide where we wanted raise our kids. We made the perfect choice. We live in Union County which is only 30 minutes from the city. Our kids get to experience every aspect of country life and city life. The schools in Union County are great. As far as work, it just depends what you do. Any more questions? Just let me know, I'd be happy to help you out.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:17 PM

74 posts, read 100,617 times
Charlotte is the "Queen City'...or Queen Jewel of North Carolina...have lived here 15 years and still LOVE it.

Moved here from BORING Raleigh, NC...would NEVER ever consider going back...to slow of a pace for even retirement.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:51 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,625,672 times
Default So how is life in Charlotte?

I'm sure this question has been asked a bunch of times (and I'm sure to get sarcastically rude responses from a few trolls on this site to that regard) but I'm really curious how life is in Charlotte for single young professionals. I'm orginally from MA and currently live in Atlanta but I may have the option of moving to Charlotte in a few weeks for a great job and before I decide to do so I would really like to know how people like the city. I wasn't aware it had such a huge population and I've heard it's not as great if you're a single guy compared to Atlanta because the ratio is pretty even keel. Are there good restaurants/lounges, friendly people for the most part, and great neighborhoods to live in? I'm really just looking for any kind of feedback you can give me in regards to the city. Thank you.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM

149 posts, read 259,977 times
Charlotte is now filled with a bunch of transplants and fast food chains. Charlotte is destroyed.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Don't listen to the obvious bitter people on the board...lol

Charlotte is a great town and does have plenty to offer for singles....just stay close to Uptown. The further out you go, typically you'll get more into the burbs which are more geared to larger families....

Its what you make of it!

Good luck!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:51 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Good prediction, RLCMA. You got one on the first response.

Life's been good to me so far here. I think there are a lot of great restaurants and probably lounges as well. I am not into that scene much these days. People have always been friendly to me (even the dreaded transplants).

From what I've been able to tell, Charlotte has changed a lot in the past several years and some folks don't cotton to it. Bless their hearts.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:00 PM

996 posts, read 1,896,043 times
Charlotte's a nice city. There are great neighborhoods, and great people here. I personally like the restaurants here. I'm not sure about single life, I live in South Charlotte which is really pro-family.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbecue_is_a_noun View Post
Charlotte is now filled with a bunch of transplants and fast food chains. Charlotte is destroyed.

Yes but the question is do you go to those fast food chains? Some people may not like all Charlotte has to offer but those people who are complaining are the very same ones you see out enjoying everything Charlotte has to offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte