U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 01:18 PM

14 posts, read 50,250 times

Advertisements

Does the city have any ban with regards to smoking within consumer areas such as....restaraunts, stores, buildings, theaters etc. Curious from So.Cal.
And what about toilet seat covers? I hear a lot of businesses to not offer them? including some public places, schools, library etc..

Please help me to be informed..thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 01:30 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,677,355 times
Smoking is allowed down here from what I've seen.

I can't complain because I'm an ex-smoker and you know what they say about those preachey ex-smokers...

toilet seat covers? I've never seen them in any public places anywhere in the U.S.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:37 PM

Coupon Jack,

I am 41yrs old and I am born and raised, living in southern Cal. And I can not remember when we DID NOT have seat covers..So it is true that Charlotte, Carolina etc..do not provide toilet seat covers?

Let me re-phrase that...what about lets say the local Sams club, local super market, deli, subway, starbucks, restaraunt? Will they offer them.

And part 2...so you do confirm that you can smoke after you eat your meal at the local steak house?, Mc donalds? etc.

thanks for the input.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:40 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,570,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving life View Post
Coupon Jack,

I am 41yrs old and I am born and raised, living in southern Cal. And I can not remember when we DID NOT have seat covers..So it is true that Charlotte, Carolina etc..do not provide toilet seat covers?

Let me re-phrase that...what about lets say the local Sams club, local super market, deli, subway, starbucks, restaraunt? Will they offer them.

And part 2...so you do confirm that you can smoke after you eat your meal at the local steak house?, Mc donalds? etc.

thanks for the input.
In many places in Charlotte you will find the paper toilet seat covers in bathroom stalls. If this is of big concern to you, you can always buy your own supply and keep some spares in your purse

Old 08-10-2007, 01:40 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,677,355 times
Do you mean the paper covers??? oh yeah, those are in most public places..I was thinking of something else

In regards to smoking, the restaurants that I've been out to, yes they do allow it

Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,656,770 times
Smoking is very common here but many establishments are smoke free or offer a good size non-smoking section. As for toilet seat covers, I've seen them in a few places but they are more the exception than the rule here.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:51 PM

Well..the smoking may be a large factor in us not leaving Calif. I am not a tree hugger, BUT I can say I really, really like the laws that we do enforce. I am in San Diego...My son and I have bad allergies to smoke..And we are all set to visit next week...have tickets, hotel etc. NOT GOOD NEWS...

Old 08-10-2007, 01:53 PM

550 posts, read 1,620,405 times
North Carolina - home to Winston-Salem....
It's gonna be a while before they ban smoking in a lot of places.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:06 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,656,770 times
You probably will have some culture shock but there are many places that do not allow smoking. Hopefully some former CA residents here can give you some accurate comparisons.

You have to keep in mind that historically, tobacco has been a major crop in NC. In sports, NC college teams are found on"Tobacco Road".

Here is a recent thread - Tobacco ban status in Charlotte?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:08 PM

You got that right...I should have caught on to that before I began the past year of searching...Well I guess you can look on the bright side for ya'all..some of us california junkies, (land of fruits and nuts) WILL NOT BE MOVING DOWN SOUTH...to crowd your streets...But on the other hand, by the looks of it all you have and will continue to have dem darn YANKEES who keep a marching down...

thanks for you input. Out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or