U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,330,207 times

Advertisements

We simply haven't been able to get away this summer. Husban'd work schedule is absurd. Was thinking I could sneak in one night at the GWL.

Any tips on discounts? It's so insanely expensive. I have no idea if it's worth it.

Insight? Did you enjoy it? Is one night not enough?

By the way, the children are 13, 10, 2.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 07:03 AM

286 posts, read 586,547 times
I would like to know as well.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 AM

5,701 posts, read 8,134,463 times
If you catch a special it's definitely worth it... Otherwise I hear you, it's expensive for a suite to sleep 3 kids.

One night is enough to get a good taste because you technically get the waterpark pass for the day/night you check-in and the day you check-out. You can run off property for dinner. Your kids may enjoy MagiQuest.

It's a very clean and well run property.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:01 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,999,724 times
Are you military or AAA members???

Old 08-05-2011, 12:56 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,685,743 times
One night is definitely not enough! I took my wife abd two children 4th of july weekend. We stayed from Thursday through Monday. The place is awesome! Where do i begin?!! For starters the lodge is huge. Finding parking near your room will be next to impossible if it is a busy weekend, but that will be your only hiccup! The customer service is excellent. The inside of the hotel is totally kid interactive. On the second floor you can purchase your child a wizards game interactive set complete with a charged magic wand.. The kids can go on a magicians hunt using their wands to make stuff animals move and make sounds,make pictures become interactive, make treasure chest open and close,etc.. only by pointing their wand at the particular item! Their is a wizards training room. Their is an arcade room, video game console room,childrens spa,their a toddler learn and play area completely staffed and it has books,games,coloring,arts and crafts. The cool thing about this area is that for two hours every day you can drop your children off and go have some adult time! Their is also a 24 hour exercise room. Their is a fully staffed redtaurant owned by the lodge open from 7am to 11pm! There is also a pizza hut, dunkin doughnuts, ice cream shop, sandwhich as well! Everynight at 8pm in the lobby the lodge has an interactive storytime with children complete with singing, interactive animals,light show. The lodge also had a live magic show every night! The water park was so cool. There were life guards everywhere.There are 5 different 4 story slides, a wave pool, a kiddie pool area, a lazy pool with basketball rooms, childrebs slides, an outdoor pool, and so much more! Try the Vortex if you dare! The pool area has a snack bar, men and womens locker room,towel areas, life jackets,floats, a swimshop( complete with swim diapers for toddlers), lounge chais everywhere. There was a cookout sponsored by the hotel along with a petting zoo. As far discounts go a family won two free nights by winning the tree-legged race! Lol! We definitely can't wait to go back!

Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 PM

3,115 posts, read 5,936,235 times
I hung out there w/a friend of mine and her three kids, ages 9, 11 and 13. They stayed two nights/three days, and were bored out of their minds after the first day. They basically just ran around and flirted with other tweens in the hotel or played in the arcade. The water was cold and it was freeeeeeezing in the hotel itself. It really wasn't my cup of tea and I wouldn't recommend the place, but I've heard lots of stories about people having a great time there, so it may have just been my experience.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:17 PM

485 posts, read 628,074 times
I have been there and really enjoyed it. I think it is a nice couple of day type of thing. We hit the waterpark really hard the first day and the second day we were wiped out. They have a very nice breakfast and the slides are fun.

I think it is a fun place, not sure I would want to stay for a week unless I had other activities planned (like a NASCAR race etc)

Old 08-05-2011, 02:31 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,242,129 times
They do have specials right now.

Family Indoor Waterpark-Great Wolf Lodge-Water Park Resorts

I have friends who stay for one nite, and their kids play for 2 days and have a blast!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,999,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
They do have specials right now.

Family Indoor Waterpark-Great Wolf Lodge-Water Park Resorts

I have friends who stay for one nite, and their kids play for 2 days and have a blast!
We did that last year. Played at check-in and played again after check out. Could have stayed until closing but that would have been too much. We had fun especially the three year old.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:58 PM

539 posts, read 1,278,593 times
Spent 1 night there last year with our 8 yr old and had a blast. I would recommend eating off site as the restaurant is expensive for a buffet with limited choices and not very appealing. I believe it was like 18.95 per adult and 12.95 per kid. My son did enjoy the water park and so did we.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte