U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:46 PM

52 posts, read 233,403 times

Advertisements

ok, this is NOT the thread (nor the place) for any heated politcal debates, so let's not go there I know politics personally are very important to me, and to many people relocating, and different cities ususally tend to skew one way or another. I'm just wondering what most people on this board affiliate themselves with - Republican or Democrat? (Personally I am a Democrat and liberal on many/most issues.)

Old 08-14-2007, 04:52 AM

367 posts, read 929,500 times
I have lived here two months, so I am no expert. I think the majority would be considered Conservative Republicans, but there is a nice mix. There are plenty of folks that have moved in that are of different political views. Churches are big here so that plays a big role in peoples lives as well. I moved here from Portland, Oregon where I was a minority being a conservative. I got along just fine there. Now I am probably in the majority again

Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 AM

448 posts, read 1,709,922 times
NC usually votes Republican, but Charlotte's majority voted for Kerry in 2004, so the big cities have a liberal / Democrat tendency.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:02 AM

43 posts, read 202,095 times
Seems like every person, and I do mean every person, I have run into the past 11 months I have lived here have been Republican. So how is it that this place could vote for such a Moron like Kerry....opps, sorry, forgot we aren't going there.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:18 AM

1,418 posts, read 6,382,556 times
I'm personally conservative/Christian and have lived here all of my life. I have friends/family of both con/lib mindsets. The area is a good mix of con/lib/mod who get along faily well. No one seems to feel they have to hide or compromise who they are and can find their niche. The Mayor of Charlotte is Republican and served mutiple terms, but other local/district offices hold a mix. It's a nice balance. The suburban counties seem to lean more to the right, but it's not oppressive. I live in Concord and the neighbors on each side of us are more liberal. We all get along really well. It's really based on how you approach people and respect. As long as you do that, you should do fine here.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 AM

195 posts, read 184,177 times
I moved here from the pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, liberal nuts from the North East, so I'm hoping RandylovesFrisco is right. I'm a conservative on nearly every issue, and vote republican.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:17 PM

29 posts, read 89,020 times
LACAMOM,

The votes tend to skew just BARELY Democrat here at most levels (that is, IN the city). Nevertheless, most of the people I have met who have cared to TELL me their political affiliation (I don't generally ask, mind you) have been Republican. I think you'll find that, in general, there is a good mix. I've never really been one who thought it was all that important what the people around me thought, so long as they were open-minded enough to respect differences in opinion - which I think you'll be able to find here.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandylovesFrisco View Post
Seems like every person, and I do mean every person, I have run into the past 11 months I have lived here have been Republican. So how is it that this place could vote for such a Moron like Kerry....opps, sorry, forgot we aren't going there.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you go to the following link from CNN, you will see that Mecklenburg County voted for Kerry. Too bad we got stock with Bush II, again......

CNN.com Election 2004

Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2kidsmom View Post
I moved here from the pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, liberal nuts from the North East, so I'm hoping RandylovesFrisco is right. I'm a conservative on nearly every issue, and vote republican.
Thank God for the liberal nuts, otherwise you wouldn't be allowed to vote...it took a few liberal women to give you the right to vote. But what do we know..we are just a whole bunch of nuts.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:06 PM

620 posts, read 1,920,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGONZ001 View Post
Thank God for the liberal nuts, otherwise you wouldn't be allowed to vote...it took a few liberal women to give you the right to vote. But what do we know..we are just a whole bunch of nuts.
Haha, great post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or