Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:13 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Well maybe you can explain the "difference in dealing with reality and wishing upon a star"... because I've never seen you post anything substantial on these issues beyond a (CO Article) reference and couple of sentences.

As you can see, the whole (CO Article) thing is subjective and one can choose to highlight issues with violent crime and the horrible economy like you prefer to do or highlight positive issues like you see others doing recently. Frankly the only positive local thing you ever say around these forums is related to sports which I'm still trying to get my head around.

So you consciously choose to structure the majority of your posts to the negative and offer very little of your own commentary on them. When you do this continually, don't be surprised when you get called out on it.
If you don't like what I post, have to say etc...please put me on ignore. It truly is a wonderful feature.

Further perhaps you should go back and look at other topics I have posted. It isn't your place to get your head around anything I post, you can either read it and go on or not, matters not to me. This forum isn't about calling one out and it is against TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,288,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
BOFA has a Fifty Billion Dollar hole to plug on the mortgage side.... Fannie Mae & .gov recently gave them 500mil as a downpayment on a bailout, but it won't be enough.

They have serious issues.
Ahh yeah. Freddie & Fannie just asked the federal gubment to hand them another $5B. They turn around and hand this money to these insolvent banks. As I said, without the taxpayers, these leeches of our economy would disappear tomorrow. And if you believe that article, uptown Charlotte with it. Would be like someone finally flushed a commerical toilet. "whoosh!".

Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,027,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
If you don't like what I post, have to say etc...please put me on ignore. It truly is a wonderful feature.

Further perhaps you should go back and look at other topics I have posted. It isn't your place to get your head around anything I post, you can either read it and go on or not, matters not to me. This forum isn't about calling one out and it is against TOS.
I've never used the ignore feature and never intend to. No clue why anyone would take these forums so seriously as to have to implement that. So I guess I have to take your word on it being "a wonderful feature".

Calling out related to disagreeing with an opinion - which is the entire crux of these forums. Debating opinions.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,027,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
Ahh yeah. Freddie & Fannie just asked the federal gubment to hand them another $5B. They turn around and hand this money to these insolvent banks. As I said, without the taxpayers, these leeches of our economy would disappear tomorrow. And if you believe that article, uptown Charlotte with it. Would be like someone finally flushed a commerical toilet. "whoosh!".
When you say it like that you're insinuating Freddie and Fannie are like a private company asking for a handout. When in fact they are GSEs created by the government.

Government-sponsored enterprise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
A government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) is a financial services corporation created by the United States Congress. Their function is to enhance the flow of credit to targeted sectors of the economy and to make those segments of the capital market more efficient and transparent. The desired effect of the GSEs is to enhance the availability and reduce the cost of credit to the targeted borrowing sectors: agriculture, home finance and education. Congress created the first GSE in 1916 with the creation of the Farm Credit System; it initiated GSEs in the home finance segment of the economy with the creation of the Federal Home Loan Banks in 1932; and it targeted education when it chartered Sallie Mae in 1972 (although Congress allowed Sallie Mae to relinquish its government sponsorship and become a fully private institution via legislation in 1995). The residential mortgage borrowing segment is by far the largest of the borrowing segments in which the GSEs operate. GSEs hold or pool approximately $5 trillion worth of mortgages.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:58 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,288,477 times
Quote:
When you say it like that you're insinuating Freddie and Fannie are like a private company asking for a handout. When in fact they are GSEs created by the government....
I didn't say that at all. Time to put you back on ignore.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Quote:
I've never used the ignore feature and never intend to. No clue why anyone would take these forums so seriously as to have to implement that. So I guess I have to take your word on it being "a wonderful feature".

Calling out related to disagreeing with an opinion - which is the entire crux of these forums. Debating opinions.

Maybe that isn't the part of these boards you don't understand...these boards are not for debate they are for discussion.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,195,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Maybe that isn't the part of these boards you don't understand...these boards are not for debate they are for discussion.
lol. semantics are a *****!

Discuss: To examine or consider (a subject) in speech or writing.
Debate: A discussion involving opposing points

Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times
wow...just like watching a tennis game only this is free. Well, maybe boring ping pong?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:05 AM

202 posts, read 347,305 times
Well one thing I can say is if there are massive layoffs in the Charlotte area nobama is sure to receive a very friendly welcome next year.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:12 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
well, I would agree that if BOA goes, we are ALL in big trouble. I also agree that they are not in the best of health. HOWEVER, a positive perception and confidence are the two of the biggest economy growth tactics...and, they are (relatively) free!

With BOA's selling the servicing of their bad loans to Fannie Mae and their sale of their stake in the China Construction Bank, I think that they are on the right track. Was the former a back-door bailout? Yeah, probably. But, it was not so much for BOA themselves nor for Charlotte, even though both will benefit. It was because if BOA failed...as big as it is...the entire WORLD economy would take a hit! and, it would not be pretty. That is where the phrase "Too big to fail" comes in. It is not just a catch phrase nor something political. This is reality, folks. Please take off the blinders and read stuff from all views (not just your adjenda) and see what I mean.

I hope that the world's governments will get together and put together some kind of legislation that will prevent the banks from getting Too Big To Fail. This has happened twice now in a very short period of time...make no mistake about it, there are banks elsewhere in the world that have done the same thing and their governments have had to bail them out, too. I am not advocating any particular political party nor any special kind of politics; just let's be logical. If this keeps happening, there is a problem and to stop it from happening, you have to eliminate the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte