Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,451,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Yeah, big box stores of financial ruin. lol

I understand that this is a BAC thread - I was just pointing out that the lawsuits are not solely on them. In context to the health of the financial sector overall, that matters.

Two Years After Hiring Her, Bank Of America Sacks Sallie Krawcheck, Announces Other "Delayerings" | ZeroHedge

We have a friend who is a "teller manager" with Wachovia/Wells...they are under tremendous pressure to sell their programs and new/additional accounts to the customers. These banks are out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Interesting article ......

Al Lewis: Feds Find Bank Of America Worse Than Countrywide | FoxBusiness.com

Old 09-07-2011, 12:04 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,632,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
We have a friend who is a "teller manager" with Wachovia/Wells...they are under tremendous pressure to sell their programs and new/additional accounts to the customers. These banks are out of control.

JP Morgan Chase: Three(3)! "account crap heads" standing in front of the customer service desk (manned by one person) asking if you need "assistance" AKA what can I sell you in the back of the bank. Also listening to the customers coming in to the service desk and picking them off to "help" them.

BOA: One floater guy up front to meet and greet. Same as the person that is a teller the other 4 days of the week
that has difficulty understanding wire transfers, deposits to branches out of state, etc.

BOA: I transfer a large sum of money from HSBC to BOA to fund my operating account to pay supplier's bills. I am walking home and I get a call from a BOA financial plannner that wants to "help me with my business plan". How in God's name did he get tipped off that I just made a large deposit? It wasn't a coincidence! Privacy? Forgetaboutit!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
JP Morgan Chase: Three(3)! "account crap heads" standing in front of the customer service desk (manned by one person) asking if you need "assistance" AKA what can I sell you in the back of the bank. Also listening to the customers coming in to the service desk and picking them off to "help" them.

BOA: One floater guy up front to meet and greet. Same as the person that is a teller the other 4 days of the week
that has difficulty understanding wire transfers, deposits to branches out of state, etc.

BOA: I transfer a large sum of money from HSBC to BOA to fund my operating account to pay supplier's bills. I am walking home and I get a call from a BOA financial plannner that wants to "help me with my business plan". How in God's name did he get tipped off that I just made a large deposit? It wasn't a coincidence! Privacy? Forgetaboutit!

Wachovia is the same way! It gets so old, being "sold" something every time you go in. I told the branch manager that I did not want to be approached again with another service. I told them it was a shame that the tellers can no longer focus on their job (and build relationships) with the customer because they have to up sell.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:46 PM

^^^^and if you have an active business of deposits, savings accounts, checking accounts, wire transfers, paying your mistress, paying your bills.....your idea is?

Do you really think I want to deal with these crap for brains ppl?

BTW....in the day at least they gave me a calendar at the end of the year. lol

Old 09-07-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
^^^^and if you have an active business of deposits, savings accounts, checking accounts, wire transfers, paying your mistress, paying your bills.....your idea is?

Do you really think I want to deal with these crap for brains ppl?

BTW....in the day at least they gave me a calendar at the end of the year. lol

Not sure if you are asking me or the other poster, as I said it is hard to just change accounts but when people change I understand MANY are going to a credit union. Truliant is a good one.

I remember when my mom and dad got hams and/or turkeys from the bank. LOL!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,147,680 times
You folks are a tolerant lot. I went to a credit union the first time a bank tried to charge me 7.5% for counting my change in the coinstar. 7.5%? Hayul no.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Not sure if you are asking me or the other poster, as I said it is hard to just change accounts but when people change I understand MANY are going to a credit union. Truliant is a good one.

I remember when my mom and dad got hams and/or turkeys from the bank. LOL!
The other guy. I know where you are coming from. sorry

Old 09-07-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
You folks are a tolerant lot. I went to a credit union the first time a bank tried to charge me 7.5% for counting my change in the coinstar. 7.5%? Hayul no.

Give your change to some deserving kid and you will get 100% on your money.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:53 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,147,680 times
Quote:
Give your change to some deserving kid and you will get 100% on your money.
Not if you feed it through a coinstar at a big bank first. Then you only get 92.5% no matter who you plan on giving it to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte