U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 01:51 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,998,868 times

Advertisements

There certainly have been a slew of cool new restaurants opening lately. Some that come to mind are Bask and Vapiano.

Young Professionals Drive Boom For Charlotte's Restaurants | Charlotte News | Weather | Carolina Panthers | Bobcats | FOX Charlotte | Top Stories
“Charlotte's food & beverage revenues are up $17 Million for Fiscal Year 2011 over Fiscal Year 2010. Industry insiders say when the restaurant business is healthy and flowing those profits pour out.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,235,178 times
I don't eat out often, but always appreciate finding out about new restaurants - especially those where I can take clients on occasion - or out of town guests.

So thank you for posting that info. I have to admit, I am very surprised, as I thought there was high unemployment amongst young professionals . . . so evidently I have the wrong impression, at least in re: to Charlotte's young professionals.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:59 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,998,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I don't eat out often, but always appreciate finding out about new restaurants - especially those where I can take clients on occasion - or out of town guests.

So thank you for posting that info. I have to admit, I am very surprised, as I thought there was high unemployment amongst young professionals . . . so evidently I have the wrong impression, at least in re: to Charlotte's young professionals.
Here's a great feature on Vapiano Vapiano Welcomed To The Charlotte Restaurant Scene With A Red Carpet Night

Old 08-12-2011, 02:06 PM

3,774 posts, read 7,020,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have to admit, I am very surprised, as I thought there was high unemployment amongst young professionals . . . so evidently I have the wrong impression, at least in re: to Charlotte's young professionals.
All of 'em I know are gainfully employed. I dunno, maybe you've been reading this forum too much.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:27 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,235,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
All of 'em I know are gainfully employed. I dunno, maybe you've been reading this forum too much.
Maybe I have, lol!

Glad to find out my perceptions are wrong . . . the city will stay vital if young professionals continue to move here or choose to stay in this region.

Now I want to head over and check out these restaurants. My son and his fiancee would really enjoy Vapiano.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:42 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,078,272 times
People can afford to eat out? And above and beyond the value menu? Anything pricier than a double stack is too rich for my blood

Old 08-12-2011, 06:31 PM

830 posts, read 1,319,611 times
Unemployment for college grads is lower than the overall rate. A lot of companies are still hiring at the entry levels, in some cases to replace older/more expensive employees.

More and more restaurant choices coming to Charlotte in all genres/price ranges. It's one of those businesses where there will constantly be places going out of business due to the nature of the industry...

Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,889,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlterp View Post
Unemployment for college grads is lower than the overall rate. A lot of companies are still hiring at the entry levels, in some cases to replace older/more expensive employees.

More and more restaurant choices coming to Charlotte in all genres/price ranges. It's one of those businesses where there will constantly be places going out of business due to the nature of the industry...
Even Emril is opening in Charlotte.

A lot of young people with more money than sense.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:27 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,078,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Even Emril is opening in Charlotte.

A lot of young people with more money than sense.
I've never understood the concept of spending money simply because you have it. that seems awfully short-sighted. But then again, that's what makes our economy go round

Old 08-14-2011, 06:55 AM

198 posts, read 567,774 times
Um ... my husband is a young professional, and we love to go out to restaurants. That doesn't make us fools, or short-sighted, or mean that we don't save and invest our money. Everyone "splurges" on different things: some people take epic vacations, some people love to buy the latest clothes, some people like all the cool new gadgets. We like to eat out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or