Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 07:18 AM

339 posts, read 715,691 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in a home for sale in Reavencrest. I looked through some old threads about Reavencrest but none of them seemed to address any of my questions. I'm hoping someone can assist me that lives in that community concerning their HOA. I was looking through their covenants and restrictions and it seemed like their HOA is very picky about everything. Is this a problem in that community? Is their HOA really a pain? I'd just like some insider perspective about it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 07:45 PM

61 posts, read 146,944 times
I live there, and would be glad to chat with you about it. PM me if you like.

Generally though, the HOA is not overly restrictive, just standard. They are not picky. Yes, they want you to maintain the standards of your home, and I have got letters that I needed to paint my shutters (valid, they were faded) as well as needing to remove a dead shrub (valid). It is not a problem though, and I am glad they do it. The neighborhood is fantastic, people are great, and the homes are well kept. I wouldn't want them to be any less strict, and really wish they would get on some of the people about staying on top of their lawns.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 PM

983 posts, read 2,542,407 times
I live in Reavencrest and the HOA seems to be OK. I received the usual letters just like what the above poster said, wash the house, plant something or clean something. If you follow the guidelines you will only hear from them if you don't pay or for the yearly update.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:49 PM

Also, there are many, many new roofs (shingle replacements) happening in the subdivision as a result of the April hail storms. I sent in my request for architectural review (wanted to change the shingle color) and it was returned in less than a week - approved. It is nice to see the different roof colors going up, making the houses more unique. Also, I think a lot of shutter letters went out, as there is a lot of shutter painting going on. Most are painting the shutters a different color than original - not off-the-wall, but very tasteful. I post this, as an example of how I don't think that the HOA is very restrictive but try to maintain some community character while being flexible.

Last year, lots of letters went out about faded mailboxes. Now, everyone's mailbox is a nice gloss black, not faded, etc. That is just fine by me!

Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 AM

339 posts, read 715,691 times
Thanks everyone! I may be your neighbor at some point!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:42 PM

Let us know! The end of summer pool party was yesterday. We have one in the spring when the pool opens and one at the end of August. It really is a nice place to live.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:49 PM

4 posts, read 6,074 times
Lived in Reavencrest 8+ years. GREAT neighborhood! HOA does a good job on keeping the neighborhood looking nice - I know many of the members on the HOA Board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte