Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:36 AM

476 posts, read 1,575,427 times

Advertisements

Great information from folks who work or have 1st hand knowledge of some of this stuff. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 09:13 AM

999 posts, read 4,651,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kare893969 View Post
where is the deli land o lakes american cheese? Don't tell me no one sells it here? IF you know where I can find it, please send me an IM to let me know.
Thanks
Just got some recently, but can't remember if it was at Harris Teeter or Lowes.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:51 AM

36 posts, read 125,121 times
THANKS must be lowes, Harris teeter didn't have it

Old 08-31-2007, 05:09 PM
TMT

1 posts, read 2,602 times
Default Yep, Margarita Genoa

You're right, in my opinion, at least. After many years of eating genoa, my favorite was discontinued. But alas, it's now being produced under the Margarita label. It can be found at http://www.chimentositalianmarket.com/. Let Sam, know you got the information from his best customer for Hawaii. He'll ship to you also. While you're ordering, try the pepperoni, also Margarita. Good luck! And, enjoy!

Old 09-01-2007, 07:44 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
We recently moved here from S Florida so we did the bulk of our shopping at Publix and I really liked Boars Head, but now I work at Harris Teeter and I've been equally impressed with Dietz and Watson.

I'm the assistant Manager of the deli and I recently had a discussion with the Dietz and Watson salesman and I mentioned that I was a big fan of Boars Head and he said great if you love MSG.

I don't know if Boars head has MSG or not, personally I never had any adverse effects from eating MSG, but my wife gets terrible headaches.
This is actually true, Boar's Head does contain MSG and a lot of their processing has been farmed out. Their name is a lot of hype-- it is good meat but it is not the messiah of all deli sandwiches. D&W does not have MSG.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:13 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,084,399 times
Applegate Farms line of deli meats is all organic. No fillers, MSG or excess water. No chemical preservatives or additives. Their animals are treated humanely and aren't fed any animal byproducts. They have a long line of products not limited to deli meats. They also have hot dogs, cheeses, sausage, etc. Their website has a store locator. They are higher priced than "typical". But a healthy diet is dependent upon not just less meat in general but higher quality meat.

Just wanted to share this info for anyone who might be interested. Below are a few of the stores I know have this line of products, as I looked it up when we first moved here:

The Home Economist South Blvd. Charlotte NC
Wal-Mart Supercenter Store Galleria Blvd CHARLOTTE NC
Wal-Mart Supercenter Store Callabridge Court CHARLOTTE NC
HOME ECONOMIST E. INDEPENDENCE BLVD CHARLOTTE NC
TALLEYS GREEN GROCERY EAST BLVD. CHARLOTTE NC
HOME ECONOMIST MKT-SOUTH BLVD CHARLOTTE NC
EARTH FARE+ CHARLOT GROC N Community House CHARLOTTE NC MAP

Sara

Old 09-08-2007, 08:38 PM

36 posts, read 74,564 times
Check out Trader Joe's on Rea Road in Piper Glen area of Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte