Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,181,346 times

Advertisements

Hunter Oaks resident just drove down property values for every home in his neighborhood:

Drug deal leads to shooting in Union County | WCNC.com Charlotte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 03:28 PM

700 posts, read 1,645,815 times
Sure the foreclosures that not done any damage??? Mom & Dad have not said they say yet!!! Probation sweep under the rug.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
Sure the foreclosures that not done any damage??? Mom & Dad have not said they say yet!!! Probation sweep under the rug.
I do not understand what you are saying here.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:04 PM

700 posts, read 1,645,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
I do not understand what you are saying here.
Thought I had it at street level already. I will slow it down.
One at a time.
1. Sure the foreclosures that not done any damage???
Ok The homes that have been foreclosed on have not effected the selling price of others. Like in other markets.

2. Mom & Dad have not said they say yet!!!
Mom & Dad have not tossed their money into the mix yet.
3. Probation sweep under the rug.
Mom & Dad hires an attoney. The judge lives do the street. Money to the unwed mom of the black kid that was there. Has her son take the fall. She uses that money to buy drugs local from the neighbor of the kid that was caught. By the way he got probation.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:18 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,397,108 times
There should be a dislike button for all the negative comments. I don't care what neighborhood one lives in, there is drugs. As we can see from the neighbors this has been happening for a while. This young lad parents had to be informed of their child activity. No one reported the story when the drug deals were going good--there goes the community. Your job is to report what is taking place. I would be peeved if I saw my neighbor selling drugs next to me. Me and the Union City police department would've been friends. Keep calling to voice your complaint, better yet inform the news. They need a story to run. Can we all get along on this forum and stop the hatred.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:45 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_QueenBee View Post
There should be a dislike button for all the negative comments. I don't care what neighborhood one lives in, there is drugs. As we can see from the neighbors this has been happening for a while. This young lad parents had to be informed of their child activity. No one reported the story when the drug deals were going good--there goes the community. Your job is to report what is taking place. I would be peeved if I saw my neighbor selling drugs next to me. Me and the Union City police department would've been friends. Keep calling to voice your complaint, better yet inform the news. They need a story to run. Can we all get along on this forum and stop the hatred.
You are 100% correct - drugs are everywhere and anyone who thinks their kid is not exposed to it at school and in their own neighborhood w/ their peers is living under a rock.

Drugs are sold where the kids have money to buy them, so logic tells us that this means upscale neighborhoods are gonna be RIPE w/ customers!

If neighbors saw this going on "for years," why didn't someone report this before things got violent? And I mean - neighbors reporting it to the kid's parents and/or authorities?

And what the hell are kids doing carrying around weapons and shooting each other over pot, of all things? $800 worth of weed isn't worth killing someone over. DANG.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:49 PM

52 posts, read 62,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You are 100% correct - drugs are everywhere and anyone who thinks their kid is not exposed to it at school and in their own neighborhood w/ their peers is living under a rock.

Drugs are sold where the kids have money to buy them, so logic tells us that this means upscale neighborhoods are gonna be RIPE w/ customers!

If neighbors saw this going on "for years," why didn't someone report this before things got violent? And I mean - neighbors reporting it to the kid's parents and/or authorities?

And what the hell are kids doing carrying around weapons and shooting each other over pot, of all things? $800 worth of weed isn't worth killing someone over. DANG.
They heard about it from their favorite rap idols.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrofoam View Post
They heard about it from their favorite rap idols.
I don't care who heard about what from whom or where. If this was activity that has been going on and was visible to adults in the community, it should have been reported to authorities and handled long before it escalated to this level.

And I still wanna know - what parent is so uninvolved that he/she doesn't know their own son has a handgun in their room????? Much less "drug paraphenalia!!!"

My kids knew that as long as they were under my roof, I was in charge - and there was no business they had that wasn't my business.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:01 PM

52 posts, read 62,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I don't care who heard about what from whom or where. If this was activity that has been going on and was visible to adults in the community, it should have been reported to authorities and handled long before it escalated to this level.

And I still wanna know - what parent is so uninvolved that he/she doesn't know their own son has a handgun in their room????? Much less "drug paraphenalia!!!"

My kids knew that as long as they were under my roof, I was in charge - and there was no business they had that wasn't my business.
... And I am sure you make a fine parent.

Yet from my experiences with people who live in the south eastern money driven areas of Meck County...... there are still a fair share of parents who ignore their children in worse ways than they do in West and Northwest Meck areas. Worse, I say, because they pay their children to be happy with being ignored by the parents. NOTE: Im not making a blanket statement about the people in the area, as most of them are good folks.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrofoam View Post
... And I am sure you make a fine parent.

Yet from my experiences with people who live in the south eastern money driven areas of Meck County...... there are still a fair share of parents who ignore their children in worse ways than they do in West and Northwest Meck areas. Worse, I say, because they pay their children to be happy with being ignored by the parents. NOTE: Im not making a blanket statement about the people in the area, as most of them are good folks.
Do you really think this had something to do with parenting styles particular to this one area?

Inattentive parents live all around. Some are inattentive b/c they are stoned out of their minds most of the day . . . some are inattentive b/c they are at work and not at home overseeing the behavior their kids are engaging in . . . others are inattentive b/c they are in denial . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: