U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 PM

240 posts, read 933,563 times

Advertisements

I'm taking my daughter to the Lion King tonight. What's a convenient restaurant with good food that we could go to near the theater? Is there something convenient to where we will need to park?

I prefer to eat near the theater so that we will not be late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 12:51 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,436,322 times
The Capital Grille ... awesome experience there a couple of weekends back and just about everyone there that evening was headed to the Lion King afterwards. Richard Knight was our server, an absolute doll. Complimentary valet parking provided.

I'm sure others will have more suggestions for you. Several on the board are very familiar with uptown.

Enjoy! I know you're going to have a fabulous time.

Sincerely,

Sara

Old 08-16-2007, 12:54 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,156,553 times
Rock Bottom is good and very reasonably priced and good food. Its right accross from the theater and one blockk down on on Tryon. You can park under the restuarant for free if you get it validated when you are there.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:57 PM

240 posts, read 933,563 times
Thx for the suggestions.

I have been to Rock Bottom in another city. I like the food there.

It's good to have a few options, we'll decide when we get to uptown.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:40 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,664,655 times
Coca Osteria: AWESOME! It's right in the Hearst Tower courtyard below Ri-Ra's. Light Italian food great atmosphere or sit in the courtyard and people watch while you eat. We always eat here when we go to shows.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:03 PM

277 posts, read 273,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian View Post
I'm taking my daughter to the Lion King tonight. What's a convenient restaurant with good food that we could go to near the theater? Is there something convenient to where we will need to park?

I prefer to eat near the theater so that we will not be late.
Determines what you are in the mood for. Brixx Pizza is good, ditto on Capital Grille in the IJL Financial Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte