U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 06:32 AM

9 posts, read 11,919 times

Advertisements

I am looking at single family homes in the Cornelius / Huntersville areas with lot sizes of .09, .10, etc. (not townhomes). Specifically Alexander Chase, Heritage Green, Montheith Park, etc. I cannot find any links to their Covenants at their HOA websites.

Do these neighborhoods allow dogs in these yards when the owner is not home? I ask because I currently have a home with a doggie door. I work long hours (paralegal) and having a doggie door is a huge money saver.

Thank you in advance for your response!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 07:00 AM

166 posts, read 571,747 times
Default Monteith Park

I live in Monteith Park and my neighbor has a doggie door. I guess the only problem you would have is if your door is a barker and your neighbor complains. The web site for the HOA is amgworld.com/hoa/monteithpark/faq.asp. but the Docs are password protected.

Last edited by Waiting2go; 09-03-2011 at 07:09 AM..

Old 09-03-2011, 07:15 AM

Thank you for your response. It is very helpful.

My dog does bark some (cocker spaniel poodle mix), but from what I gather from my current and former neighbors is that they have never considered it an issue. He is now 10 years old and I'm pretty sure spends quite a bit of time sleeping while I am at work. At night, he is inside.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:44 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,276,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting2go View Post
but the Docs are password protected.
Why would the documents be password protected? I have no experience with HOA's but I can't see why that info should need to be hidden.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 AM

I don't the reason, however, I have seen the documents password protected at other HOA sites.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:11 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,276,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readingrose View Post
I don't the reason, however, I have seen the documents password protected at other HOA sites.
I assume if you move into an HOA community you would get a password. Maybe they're trying ot protect the covenants from other HOAs. Seems to me it would be helpful for a prospective resident to look over the covenant prior to moving there. But whaddoiknow.

I just wish my neighbors would put their trash cans in their garages.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:21 AM

166 posts, read 571,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Why would the documents be password protected? I have no experience with HOA's but I can't see why that info should need to be hidden.

I have no idea. Today was the first time I attempted to look at them online since I have a copy. I don't even know the password.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 PM

900 posts, read 1,396,234 times
Ask your agent for a copy.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:50 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,639,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readingrose View Post
I am looking at single family homes in the Cornelius / Huntersville areas with lot sizes of .09, .10, etc. (not townhomes). Specifically Alexander Chase, Heritage Green, Montheith Park, etc. I cannot find any links to their Covenants at their HOA websites.

Do these neighborhoods allow dogs in these yards when the owner is not home? I ask because I currently have a home with a doggie door. I work long hours (paralegal) and having a doggie door is a huge money saver.

Thank you in advance for your response!
For ANY neighborhood in Mecklenburg County you can view CCRs on the Register of Deeds website. Go to Mecklenburg County Register of Deeds and click on Main Menu then Real Estate, then 1995 to present and change the search type to RESTRICTIONS. Then search on grantor until you get a hit. If it's an older neighborhood you'll have to check the pre-95 index too.

Last edited by GCharlotte; 09-05-2011 at 06:59 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 06:55 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,639,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCRugbyNo1 View Post
Ask your agent for a copy.
I wouldn't trust an agent or anyone else besides the Register of Deeds office if it was a larger neighborhood. There are several versions of CCRs in my neighborhood under a "super HOA" that agrees to have one board but different sets of rules depending on the builder. For several years their answer was to bind all the CCRs together in a single PDF file and let the reader figure out what means what.

Smaller neighborhoods may not have that kind of issue but larger ones risk an agent assuming there's only one CCR and therefore giving the wrong one out. The agent might also have CCRs that have been superseded.

If it's important to know for sure, then you need to know the lot number and look it up yourself.

I also recommend that folks view their plat before making a purchase too. Plats are also available from the Register of Deeds website or in person at 720 E. 4th St where they can print a map quality and size plat for $1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte