U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-03-2011, 08:57 AM

773 posts, read 639,933 times
Default Good men's suits to donate

I have 5/6 good mens suits I want to donate to some charity or group that helps out of work men find a job. I would rather not donate to Goodwill or Salvation Army (my first choice) since I have seen what they do with most of the clothes the collect. I'm not sure the suits would not end up in a stack of rags. when the suits could go straight to the rack for sale.

These are good blended wool suits. I "retired" and no longer need so many suits and dress shirts, along with ties, taking up closet space. I'll still have a couple suits and dress shirts, along with ties that takes care of my needs beyond jeans and casual slacks and sports jackets.

For men in the six foot, six-one range, with 36 waist (can be tailored up or down) these are good and not thread bare suits that I want to see put to good use, especially by some guy who needs to look his best but does not have the resources to buy a decent suit or suits.

If anyone has some suggestions, they will be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 AM

400 posts, read 469,596 times
Paul........Please go to the section where someone asked for a place to "donate books", and you will see my post about donating to the Urban Ministry Center. I feel that you will find a place where they don't resell what you have donated....they actually use what you donate. If you go onto their website, you will even see more items that they are needing. I feel more than sure that your donated suits, will be more than welcomed.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 AM

3,117 posts, read 3,661,687 times
Crisis Assistance! They are truly a hand up, not just a hand-out! They have a free store where local people in need can get household stuff (kitchen things, bedding, etc), clothing and shoes. I volunteer there and they are always in desperate need of men's clothing, and I'd bet that professional clothing would go a long way for someone in need who has just found a job.

Crisis Assistance Ministry

Old 09-04-2011, 06:02 PM

773 posts, read 639,933 times
Default Men's Clothing To Be Donated

Thanks all, for the information. I'll be taking the clothing this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte