U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 PM

3,455 posts, read 3,137,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Spread the wealth around and help some ppl. get back to work....hire a body guard.
6'2 240lb gym rat... I am a bodyguard plus locked and loaded (one of Ft. Benning's finest, all-the-way-everyday)....no grenades, well lately..think I'll make a run to Fayettenam for a refill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 07:22 PM

7,107 posts, read 9,707,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
6'2 240lb gym rat... I am a bodyguard plus locked and loaded (one of Ft. Benning's finest, all-the-way-everyday)....no grenades, well lately..think I'll make a run to Fayettenam for a refill.
Lovely.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 PM

3,455 posts, read 3,137,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Lovely.
Just spreading the wealth when possible; don't know what's more exciting, tossing grenades or noodling...yet to try noodling.

Ok, back on topic.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 PM

5,783 posts, read 8,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coobs22 View Post
I didn't mean for this to turn into a bagel conversation, lol. Food is just a small part of relocating - so i figured its the little things like that - that can end up making differences in day to day life (like trying to find a good italian place of chinese food place).

I guess there must be something to Charlotte judging by conversations with people who have moved down there. I'm sure the grass is always greener attitude should be realistic...but from what I hear it does sound like a considerably cheaper quality of life down there compared to nassau county. I'm just tired of the rat race and paycheck to paycheck living. I feel like if I sell my house up here and move there with a 60k job I should be in good shape with no mortgage to worry about. We'd plan to hook up with a church so I'm hoping some solid relationships could be built as we would be away from most family/friends up here.

Again ... any input is helpful. Thanks for your time!
All this other "stuff" aside (lol grenades), if you log the research time and look at it from all angles you'll be in the best place to make a long term decision. There's a wealth of threads on the general topic you can search right here - search the LI forum for some other input. Get both sides. I will tell you I've met more Nassau folks down here then people from Suffolk. That surprised me.

Church will not be an issue as you will have many choices and even can find RC.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:58 AM

9,573 posts, read 8,860,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
All this other "stuff" aside (lol grenades), if you log the research time and look at it from all angles you'll be in the best place to make a long term decision. There's a wealth of threads on the general topic you can search right here - search the LI forum for some other input. Get both sides. I will tell you I've met more Nassau folks down here then people from Suffolk. That surprised me.

Church will not be an issue as you will have many choices and even can find RC.
And rent for a year if you do move...make sure you like it first. Also, this will give you time to figure out where you want to reside..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte