U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:41 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,049,763 times

Advertisements

Are they talking just general fire department/police officers? Or those that actually responded that day and BECAME victims. Are they not still victims although they were lucky enough to survive? I can see not extending the invitation to all current first responders, but not to those that had to pull bodies of their buddies from the rubble..... that is disgusting!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 AM

5,783 posts, read 8,411,807 times
It's lousy, but this isn't a time for anger... Many of us who were personally touched by this event and watched the horror unfold mere blocks away won't be at the actual site on the anniversary.

You don't need to be physically there to remember the fallen, so don't let the logistics and politics around the memorial diminish your thoughts and prayers for all those lost. The group of survivors from my company planned their own get together and meet-up.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,783,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
It's lousy, but this isn't a time for anger... Many of us who were personally touched by this event and watched the horror unfold mere blocks away won't be at the actual site on the anniversary.

You don't need to be physically there to remember the fallen, so don't let the logistics and politics around the memorial diminish your thoughts and prayers for all those lost. The group of survivors from my company planned their own get together and meet-up.
Mikey...tried to rep you but it won't let me.

It's lousy & it pisses me off too, but I agree with you. I will say my prayers for those that I knew & didn't know that were lost on that horriffic day. I will also pray for those left behind to grieve. And I will pray for those who are ill & suffering or have died from exposure during the recovery & removal phase of the WTC disaster. God Bless them all.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:14 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,129,494 times
Why is this in the Charlotte forum? It fits better in NY or Politics and Other Controversies.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:00 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,568,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Why is this in the Charlotte forum? It fits better in NY or Politics and Other Controversies.
I agree. I reported it earlier today to be moved but the mods must feel it belongs here.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:35 PM

870 posts, read 3,209,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
I agree. I reported it earlier today to be moved but the mods must feel it belongs here.

Maybe because I live in Charlotte. Maybe because this issue touches everyone in the United States. Maybe it is a current issue that should be addressed.

And really, do all the posts in the Charlotte forum belong in the Charlotte forum. I thought this was a place to speak our minds, offer assistance, ask for help, etc.

I think the moderators do a great job on here. Or do you want censorship?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:56 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,582,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
Maybe because I live in Charlotte. Maybe because this issue touches everyone in the United States. Maybe it is a current issue that should be addressed.

And really, do all the posts in the Charlotte forum belong in the Charlotte forum. I thought this was a place to speak our minds, offer assistance, ask for help, etc.

Don't worry over it. This is a very personal issue that has touched every person and every city and town in this Nation. Many are upset right beside you and understand.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:26 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,129,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post

Moving your thread to the appropriate forum is hardly censorship. This is the Charlotte forum, and threads here should deal with topics in Charlotte. It is a place to speak your mind, offer assistance and ask for help with things having to do with Charlotte.

There are dozens of other great forums on city-data. This thread would be better on the ones I already mentioned.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:20 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,687,620 times
Not really Coastal Girl. If it affects the nation, it affects Charlotte. I agree with the other posters... it's wrong.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 PM

7,181 posts, read 11,197,686 times
I hope this isn't seen the wrong way, but I've about had it with 9/11 this year.

Sure there was a tremendous loss of life and the nation was wounded and scarred in ways that we've never experienced. I have nothing but sympathy for the victims and their loved ones as well admiration for the personnel and civilians that helped in any way they could.

However, between the politics, the self-interests, the 'over the top' memorials (ie - what they're trying to build in Penna, etc), the "Truthers", and so on... I simply can't wait for Monday, 9/12!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte