Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:49 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times

Advertisements

I just have to ask, why did you wait until this late in the game? My wife and I started preparing more than a year in advance (we also had to bargain hunt and were on a budget). Also, you are probably going to be very limited in nice venues for a Saturday. Its a bit less common, but maybe look at having the wedding on a Friday or even a Thursday. These are times that might be available and won't have the weekend premium attached. The club I am a member of has weddings booked into late 2012 and I think we just got some calls for 2013! With your budget, you are most likely going to have to sacrifice in one area or another to pull it off in such short time. Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I just have to ask, why did you wait until this late in the game? My wife and I started preparing more than a year in advance (we also had to bargain hunt and were on a budget). Also, you are probably going to be very limited in nice venues for a Saturday. Its a bit less common, but maybe look at having the wedding on a Friday or even a Thursday. These are times that might be available and won't have the weekend premium attached. The club I am a member of has weddings booked into late 2012 and I think we just got some calls for 2013! With your budget, you are most likely going to have to sacrifice in one area or another to pull it off in such short time. Best of luck to you.
I agree. We started planning ours a year and a half in advance. We also got married Saturday morning at 11:30 rather than in the evening, and I used that as leverage for bargaining with vendors. Most places are going to be booked at a month out, especially the less expensive ones.

OP, could you just take a small group out to a restaurant or something? You can reserve a private room. Since you're not planning on dancing or anything anyway, it doesn't make much sense to rent an entire venue just to sit around.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:16 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
Maybe try to get flowers from a grocery store, or even Wal Mart. You can place a large enough order in advance if there is a floral department.

A restaurant will be tough to get on short notice for 125 people. Better start calling now. Make a list, most desired to less desirable, then work down it. I'm struggling to think of a restaurant that can do 125 people so it may take some doing. Do NOT mention there will be no drinking. A restaurant may not be a fan of no bar sales for such a large event.

You sure can have a beautiful wedding for $5000, but you really shot yourself in the foot by waiting this long.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:16 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,195,444 times
I recently attended a wedding reception at the Nature Center at Reedy Creek Park. It was very, very fun! And I bet it was very affordable.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataKhar View Post
We are not going to have a dance floor.
No alcohol. Its a very traditional, religious wedding.
We are planning on making the flowers our selves.
So pretty much all I need is a Venue which ive been researching on Google. I know that I can have a beautiful Wedding for $5000 max...
My photographer and hair/make up is free. The cake, im only paying for supplies.
Not in Charlotte but not too far away ... Tega Cay (803) 548-3500 Events Planner. I attended a reception there recently and the bride told me it was the most reasonable priced place they could find. The food was good too.

Tega Cay Golf Club | Fort Mill | Tega Cay, South Carolina Golf Club and Conference Center

Does your church not have a fellowship hall where you can hold your reception. No alcohol and no dancing so that would work.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:16 PM

1,738 posts, read 845,616 times
You can have a modest wedding/reception for $4000- so don't fret or listen to naysayers. Not all weddings have to break the bank to be memorable and fun. In fact, if you find a place that is still available, the fact that you are booking so "last minute" might even get you a place cheaper than usual since they obviously haven't booked the date as yet themselves. Try calling EVERY fraternal organization, ie: Elk's, Moose, VFW Lodge, etc.... in the area. Many have reception/event rooms for rent and some even do the food; and they are usually considerably cheaper than most "traditional" venues. Even cheaper---- fire halls. Call every fire station/hall in the area and see which ones have rental facilities- many do. They are usually quite reasonable. Good luck and many blessings for your marriage.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:28 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,452,390 times
Look at area recreation centers. For example for non city residents the Belmont rec center rental fee is $225 for 4.5 - 6 hours or $350 for 6.5 -8 hours.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:34 PM

748 posts, read 1,771,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataKhar View Post
Pretty much the only things I do have is My dress, cake, Photographer, and hair&makeup...

OMG! You forgot to get a fiance!

Old 09-13-2011, 04:16 PM

533 posts, read 1,833,995 times
We're having our wedding and reception at the Vintage Motor Club in Concord, NC. We were happy to find such a unique venue that fit in our budget! Vintage Motor Club Maybe it can work for you to if the date is still available.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:17 PM

98 posts, read 246,092 times
Sam's Club/ Costco do flowers- no experience with them myself, but prob. fine for something standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte