U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-13-2011, 05:26 PM

17,399 posts, read 22,980,760 times

Advertisements

$4000/125
minus the other things
= Someone's backyard with burgers on the grill and beer.
Maybe coleslaw too.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 09:03 AM

7,142 posts, read 3,541,605 times
how do you invite 125 people to a wedding without a venue? I think a backyard/rec center would probably be the best bet.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM

189 posts, read 207,736 times
I strongly agree with the others, particularly coastalgirl, in that some areas are going to have to be sacrificed, particularly working with such a last-minute schedule. I got married 8 years ago with a $5k budget, and it was largely possible because we were married on a military base (church was free, officer's club was extremely reasonable). Perhaps consider a cocktail-type reception? I also recommend buying flowers in bulk from a wholesale supplier (Sam's Club, etc.) and doing them yourself, but be realistic about what has to be decorated with flowers.

YOur best bet for time and budget will be a non-sitdown type of venue and keeping food extremely reasonable. Like I said, some type of cocktail reception or light lunch may be the way to go. Look into a Friday or Sunday date as well; we did that and it saved some money and some stress... even though we were working with a lot more time than you have available.

Best wishes to you. Don't let this get you crazy--this is just a celebration of the beginning of your MARRIAGE, which is the only part that really matters.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:30 AM

783 posts, read 917,486 times
Don't forget ordering invitations and sending them out with time for RSVP.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 3,782 times
Okay so a lot of people are saying that my budget is too low or not enough time to plan....
1. I DO have a fiance. A very great one in fact.
2. I have to get married ASAP because I am pregnant.
3. I did find a great venue. Putting the deposit down this week. It's at the Hilton Hotel in University area. It's going to cost me almost $4,000. Which isn't bad at all.

Pretty much I'm saying I know that I can have a cheaper wedding and still have an amazing wedding that I have always dreamed of.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 PM

189 posts, read 207,736 times
We all certainly wish you the best. Does the $4,000 for the venue include the other things you mentioned being worried about, such as flowers, limo (which IMO is a waste of your money ), stationery/invitations, etc.?

Did you get rings already? If not, I highly recommend www.e-weddingbands.com. They were fantastic in terms of selection, price (wow), and customer service. And fast as the blazes.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:56 PM

10 posts, read 5,632 times
Yeah based on reading the thread and teach amy's comment above I to thought the 4000 was supposed to cover venue, limo, etc. Dont was time on limo and pick bridesmaids dresses off the rack...also you may want to check department stores for cheaper selections of bridesmaid dresses.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 PM

3,400 posts, read 4,889,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulosfm View Post
You'll have a lot less stress and people won't feel obligated to buy a wedding gift when they get the invitation. That way, everyone wins. .
Pfft....one of the reasons we decided to DO a wedding was gifts. Profitable for us, win for us. We either get new stuff or wedding gifts to take back for the money. If Im throwing a party Im going to make some sort of profit!

OP, why not just ditch having bridesmaids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte