U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-19-2011, 08:46 AM

7,042 posts, read 8,292,543 times
So, I'll be in Philadelphia for Thanksgiving. Not supposed to be TOO cold. Hope that it does not snow.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 02:18 PM

12,276 posts, read 11,543,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
So, I'll be in Philadelphia for Thanksgiving. Not supposed to be TOO cold. Hope that it does not snow.
I don't remember of it ever snowing for Thanksgiving there in over 40 years in the South Jersey suburbs. The climate is extremely similar to here. However, in the winter (January & February), most years, the cold will hang in a few days longer. The last 2 days my sister was expecting the same temperatures as here. It's supposed to warm up starting tomorrow, just like here.

There are fantastic Christmas decorations in Center City & a big parade. To be honest, if given the choice of Center City for Thanksgiving or New Years Day, I'd take New Years, for the Mummers Parade.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I don't remember of it ever snowing for Thanksgiving there in over 40 years in the South Jersey suburbs. The climate is extremely similar to here. However, in the winter (January & February), most years, the cold will hang in a few days longer. The last 2 days my sister was expecting the same temperatures as here. It's supposed to warm up starting tomorrow, just like here.

There are fantastic Christmas decorations in Center City & a big parade. To be honest, if given the choice of Center City for Thanksgiving or New Years Day, I'd take New Years, for the Mummers Parade.
We will be in Paoli for Thanksgiving Day and on Friday going into the city of Philadelphia. DS has never been and wanted to do the touristy (and historical) stuff so he could take a few photos. So, I would assume that we would see the Christmas stuff, too. We are coming home on Sat to try to avoid the traffic.

Weather.com says the high on Thursday will be 48 and 51 on Fri. Brrrrrr....

Old 11-19-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
We will be in Paoli for Thanksgiving Day and on Friday going into the city of Philadelphia. DS has never been and wanted to do the touristy (and historical) stuff so he could take a few photos. So, I would assume that we would see the Christmas stuff, too. We are coming home on Sat to try to avoid the traffic.

Weather.com says the high on Thursday will be 48 and 51 on Fri. Brrrrrr....
Philly Weather CBS Philly

To do the colonial historical sites right is at least a full day, then there's the rest.

Here's 2 of the best displays for Christmas. Friends of the Wanamaker Organ

The light display is in the grand court of what had been Wanamakers Dept Store & is now Macy's. People sit in the floor during the show.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:01 AM

Looks good!! We should have a good time! Thanks!!!

Old 11-20-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Looks good!! We should have a good time! Thanks!!!
You're welcome. If you have more questions ask on the chat thread. If you plan to drive, take 85/95. Gas up before you leave, & then gas up again in Petersburg at WaWa.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:01 AM

5,193 posts, read 3,585,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
JP,

Just think, you could be up in connecticut right now where it starts to get dark at 4pm and temps are in the 40's and damp...you have that for another 4 months..

The beautiful thing about here is you get a cold pop and it doesn't last....
What month is this now? September...too hot!@ haha

Actually almost record setting yesterday and today...mid 70's. Its okay will be around 50 by next week.

BIG STORMS tonight possible...guard up.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:21 PM

8,156 posts, read 12,257,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
JP,

Just think, you could be up in connecticut right now where it starts to get dark at 4pm and temps are in the 40's and damp...you have that for another 4 months..

The beautiful thing about here is you get a cold pop and it doesn't last....
Really? Hmmm, was up in the 60's for the last few days...but mid 40's is GREAT weather for working around the yard. I actually broke a small sweat cutting and chopping firewood and clearing leaves this last weekend.

Supposed to go back up into the 60's again Wed on. Monitoring temps via my phone app, we've not been that much different than you...in fact, it was colder there a few days ago. lol

And I'm also not sure where you are getting 4 months. Mid March can easily have days in the 60's and 70's. Maybe you are confusing CT with Southern VT.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Really? Hmmm, was up in the 60's for the last few days...but mid 40's is GREAT weather for working around the yard. I actually broke a small sweat cutting and chopping firewood and clearing leaves this last weekend.

Supposed to go back up into the 60's again Wed on. Monitoring temps via my phone app, we've not been that much different than you...in fact, it was colder there a few days ago. lol

And I'm also not sure where you are getting 4 months. Mid March can easily have days in the 60's and 70's. Maybe you are confusing CT with Southern VT.

JV ...dont bother Jack thinks CT is somewhere near the north pole for some reason.

Yea a few nights ago we were in the mid 20's.. My brother was telling me they haven't even gotten that cold yet in Buffalo .

Last edited by jp03; 11-22-2011 at 02:24 PM..

Old 11-28-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
JV ...dont bother Jack thinks CT is somewhere near the north pole for some reason.

Yea a few nights ago we were in the mid 20's.. My brother was telling me they haven't even gotten that cold yet in Buffalo .
Hi of 48 tomorrow.... lowest high of the year so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte