U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 AM

1 posts, read 15,455 times

Advertisements

Hi. I'am engaged to a marine. We are looking to get married this coming November. I was looking for something at the courthouse, but I'am not familiar with that. Can someone please help me with how everything goes and the price I would really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 03:50 PM

5,150 posts, read 3,504,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisha1991 View Post
Hi. I'am engaged to a marine. We are looking to get married this coming November. I was looking for something at the courthouse, but I'am not familiar with that. Can someone please help me with how everything goes and the price I would really appreciate it.
General FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions (http://meckrod.manatron.com/localization/FAQ.asp#Marriage - broken link)
Document on magistrate marriage: http://meckrod.manatron.com/localiza...agist_info.doc

Courthouse times:

Monday, and Friday Only

[CENTER][CENTER](Except holidays)[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Time: 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Jail:

Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday

[CENTER][CENTER]Time: 7:00 pm until 8:00 pm[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Sundays and Holidays Only[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Time: 1:00 pm 5:00 pm[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Read the doc for important tips. It is possible to get the marriage license and get married on the same day. You need to bring your own witnesses.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,870,632 times
I dont know exactly where in the courthouse you would get married, but the Meck County Courthouse itself is a very nice building outside and inside.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:08 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,281,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
I dont know exactly where in the courthouse you would get married, but the Meck County Courthouse itself is a very nice building outside and inside.

When I was inquiring they said the Rotunda.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajanqueen View Post
When I was inquiring they said the Rotunda.
It's in the doc that I provided the link to but since I hadn't closed it yet I can tell you that it is courtroom2370 which is on the second floor. You have to go through security so you can ask the deputies where that room is. It's basically down a long hall.
[CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER][/CENTER]

Old 09-16-2011, 05:53 PM

Oh the price is $20 cash exact change. They have been known to run background checks on the parties without telling them so make sure your witnesses don't have any warrants. I've seen them haul grooms out though I did see a witness escape once.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 9,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisha1991 View Post
Im in the same issue, im engaged as well to a marine and looking to find the cost. im in NC and i found out its around $60 for the marriage license but not exactly positive yet. im planning to have a court house marriage till we can afford a real wedding but for now were trying to plan it before october. in some places its outrageous on prices but try going up to the courthouse and they can give you the best option..

Old 04-09-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephhy18 View Post
Im in the same issue, im engaged as well to a marine and looking to find the cost. im in NC and i found out its around $60 for the marriage license but not exactly positive yet. im planning to have a court house marriage till we can afford a real wedding but for now were trying to plan it before october. in some places its outrageous on prices but try going up to the courthouse and they can give you the best option..
It is exactly $60.

FAQ - Meck A2 AppSvr 2.8.0

Information regarding times and locations can be viewed by clicking HERE.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,470 times
What are hours and days you can get married at city hall?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte