U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:28 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,935,112 times

Advertisements

I had to call TWC to setup a burial of cables at my house. The tech who setup the cable did not put in the request to bury the cable. It took about a week after I called for the cable to get buried. Someone came out and marked all other utilities first then the line was buried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 08:07 AM

820 posts, read 1,528,968 times
Default Liability, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
Yes sunshine, I'AM pissed. When my niece trips over wiring because TWC does a halfa@@ job, I get pissed. Ummkay?

They were so gracious to come back out and replace the chewed up wiring, but leaving the wires exposed AGAIN. Tonight, the wires were chewed up again. Am I suppose to stand watch over the wiring 24/7 so no damage is done by critters?
I'm with you on this. We just signed with TW - switching from ATT U-Verse. If a new line is laid (the old one started creeping to the surface a few years ago), it will be over the ground and I will give them a short window to bury it. After that, I'll be calling a supervisor and explain TW's liability if anyone trips over the cable. Usually, their lawyers get the picture. If they don't bury the cable quickly, as you have noted, the tree rats (squirrels) will be chewing on them.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:18 AM

22 posts, read 23,961 times
TWC??? I would get satellite now! I had a myriad of problems with TWC for 7 years starting with the quality of picture (the "freezing" of the screen). They had many answers but no solutions. On one occasion they sent people out (I had to be home) to dig and bury a line to a new box(wow I get my own box so the picture will get a better signal!) They were here for 4 hours and left. The same freezing and cutting off of the cable kept happening. They sent "manager" out that told me that they had dug for a line, but no cable had been laid; and the pole where "my" box was to be was not where the box is. On another occasion they allocated my online payment (unknown to me) into another account and was threatening to cut my cable off. I called, sent bank information via e-mail, sent a letter every day for 10 days in a row with return receipt with bank information, still no help. I had to take the time to go to the office on Arrowood Rd. (after 63 days) when they said "Oops."

I finally got satellite. I have a lot of trees. They can do it on a southeastern arc now. It rains and my dish may go out for 30 sec to 2 min. but that is fine. I pay less for satellite than I paid for TWC!

Old 09-23-2011, 07:34 PM

2,143 posts, read 2,611,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl1739 View Post
I finally got satellite. I have a lot of trees. They can do it on a southeastern arc now. It rains and my dish may go out for 30 sec to 2 min. but that is fine. I pay less for satellite than I paid for TWC!
So you complain about your service freezing with TWC but then it's ok for it to do the same thing with satellite when it rains hard or snows and accumulates on the dish? Sorry, just struck me as funny.

We just switched over to TWC from Dish and are paying significantly less per month with tv/internet than before with Dish and DSL, and getting more channels and much faster internet.

Obviously, every customer has different expectations and goals. Mine was to save money, just so happens I got a better package and faster internet in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte