Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:27 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,984,969 times

Advertisements

What is wrong with TWC?

So, I find out through TWC, that my neighbor cut the cable servicing our internet. They said it was a big job and had to run new cable to three houses. Fine, by the end of the day, we were connected, but they left all this cable exposed, laying on the ground.

I had called them asking when they will be burying these wires. They answered sometime soon. Well the sometime soon has past. In the mean time, my niece tripped over the wires twice and it appears that some critter has taken some chunks of the cabling out, in several areas.

I give them a call again and they seem unaffected by my complaint, as they told me someone will be over to bury the lines sometime this week. We've already had hump day, so maybe tomorrow?

What is the big deal in having someone bury these things into the ground?

ETA; Now my internet is out AGAIN(Because of chewed wires). I'm now on my gracious neighbors network. Thank you friend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 06:18 AM

197 posts, read 479,559 times
I have called BBB 4 times and that seemed to work. It took them 6 months to replace bad cable. Contact BBB and they will get the ball rolling. The person who will contact you is Carey Mustard. Don't hold back let them know how you feel.

Good luck!

Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,464,792 times
I had to call their customer service line to check on the status of burying my line and turns out the guy that installed it did not put in the order for a burial. So, they did that and a week later it was buried. LKN Underground is the company they subbed it out to and they did a good job, went underneath my driveway so it was a shorter distance to the box (=better quality picture).

Old 09-22-2011, 08:13 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,987 times
The drop bury crews are mostly contractors and perform the bury as available. If there are any permits or utility markings that have to be done in your area before it can be buried, that will hold up the process. The drop bury crew has no control over this as both situations are relying on an different (non-TWC related) entity to complete this process. If the work order is in the system, it will be done --- but, customer service will not have an answer as to "when" because they have no contact with the crews that do it.

Moving forward ---- Pass out the info to your neighbors (they cut the line, not TWC) to prevent problems in the future. This link is a great how-to for checking for buried lines BEFORE digging. How to Locate Utility Lines Before Digging | eHow.com

Old 09-22-2011, 01:42 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,714,802 times
So your neighbor screws up and cuts a line. TWC fixes it in one a day and you are pissed about some exposed cable? Sounds like they got the important part done right away and are working on sending out a crew to fix the rest.

Not sure this qualifies as something to get overly worked up about.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:49 PM

197 posts, read 479,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
So your neighbor screws up and cuts a line. TWC fixes it in one a day and you are pissed about some exposed cable? Sounds like they got the important part done right away and are working on sending out a crew to fix the rest.

I would reread the entire thread there bud. They failed to bury the cable within a timely manner leaving it exposed which lead to another damage line by animals.. elements.. etc.

TWC works very slow and will take you for granted if you don't follow up on them.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:27 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaunders View Post
I would reread the entire thread there bud. They failed to bury the cable within a timely manner leaving it exposed which lead to another damage line by animals.. elements.. etc.

TWC works very slow and will take you for granted if you don't follow up on them.

Again, if there are entities that have to sign off on getting something buried, that is out of TW's hands and control. In many cases with drop buries, permits and/or utility markings are required.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:29 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,464,792 times
With mine they did have to come out and mark the other utility lines first...

Old 09-22-2011, 10:53 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,984,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post

Yes sunshine, I'AM pissed. When my niece trips over wiring because TWC does a halfa@@ job, I get pissed. Ummkay?

They were so gracious to come back out and replace the chewed up wiring, but leaving the wires exposed AGAIN. Tonight, the wires were chewed up again. Am I suppose to stand watch over the wiring 24/7 so no damage is done by critters?

Old 09-22-2011, 11:05 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times
I had a similar problem. After three months went by I just buried the cable myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte