U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:50 AM

61 posts, read 131,239 times

Advertisements

I was thinking to move to the Charlotte area and would like to find a church I can become a member. I watch Joel Osteen ministry on Sunday mornings on TV and would love to find a church that has a similar type of pastor. I know the pastor will not be exactly like him, but similar in the content of the preaching would be great to find. Any ideas, and churches that can be recommended would be greatly appreciated. As I have read in the forum church going is an important part of life in the Charlotte area. I myself am not a strict churchgoer since I have yet to find the type of church that quite suits me. But I would certainly attend a church with similar teachings of that of Joel Osteen. Thanks for whatever imput that can be provided. Also by the way, many thanks to all that provide information and opinions on this forum. I am totally addicted to it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 11:56 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopn4miracl View Post
I was thinking to move to the Charlotte area and would like to find a church I can become a member. I watch Joel Osteen ministry on Sunday mornings on TV and would love to find a church that has a similar type of pastor. I know the pastor will not be exactly like him, but similar in the content of the preaching would be great to find. Any ideas, and churches that can be recommended would be greatly appreciated. As I have read in the forum church going is an important part of life in the Charlotte area. I myself am not a strict churchgoer since I have yet to find the type of church that quite suits me. But I would certainly attend a church with similar teachings of that of Joel Osteen. Thanks for whatever imput that can be provided. Also by the way, many thanks to all that provide information and opinions on this forum. I am totally addicted to it

Forest Hills sounds like something you might really like. David Chadwick is a very postive, upbeat minister

Forest Hill Church Charlotte NC - Rock Hill SC, Service Times, Beliefs, Ministry, Governance

Old 08-20-2007, 12:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,484,987 times
I like Joel Olsteen style it more motiviational than just preaching the book.

I wish I could help you I keep crossing ones who put me in a day dream.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:26 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,867,947 times
Try Good Shepherd UMC...LOVE Rev. Talbot Davis!

Good Shepherd United Methodist Church

Old 08-20-2007, 05:43 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,057,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Forest Hills sounds like something you might really like. David Chadwick is a very postive, upbeat minister

Forest Hill Church Charlotte NC - Rock Hill SC, Service Times, Beliefs, Ministry, Governance

I second that, Forest Hills is awesome!!! There's just something about it that makes you want to keep going back!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 05:44 PM

19 posts, read 72,472 times
Oh I loved Forest Hill. But we moved to Huntersville and needed to find another church. The Cove Church in Mooresville was recommended to us. It's just like Forest Hill. We love it!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:07 PM

1,418 posts, read 6,376,161 times
If you're in NE Charlotte/Cabarrus Co., First Assembly in Concord is great! Large church with great ministries, awesome music, and wonderful messages from Pastor Rick Ross, down-to-earth things we can apply to our everyday lives. concordfa.com

Old 08-20-2007, 07:38 PM

380 posts, read 1,614,412 times
That was very helpful to me...the info on Forest Hills Church. It sounds just like what we would want in a church. Are there others like this, maybe more north around Huntersville?

Old 08-21-2007, 10:54 AM

29 posts, read 89,296 times
Default Looking for Church in Charlotte

If you are just looking for a service to attend there are many churches in Charlotte with the more motivational "Joel Osteen" type pastor. In your area some that come to mind are

The Cove (Christian church)
contemporary worship music and mostly Caucasian.
covechurch.org

Mosaic Church (non-denominational) mosaichcurch.tv
Contemporary worship music and despite the name mostly Caucasian.

Grace Covenant (Four Square) gracecovenant.org
Southern/Contemporary/folk worship music and mostly Caucasian.

Journey Church (non-denominational) thejourneyonline.com
Contemporary worship music and mostly caucasian.

If you are in search of a specific style of worship music or multi-cultural/diversity in a church let me know. There are a only few diverse churches in the Charlotte area. In my opinion based on the Sunday service alone Forest Hill (foresthill.org) offers the best experience, I know it's far from Huntersville, but if you are only going once a week it is a great choice. just so you know I have attended all of the churches mentioned, but I am not a member of any of them. I am on staff at a new church coming to the Uptown/Dilworth area. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Blessings

Old 04-08-2008, 11:56 AM

13 posts, read 34,822 times
check out celebration church. diverse, multicultural and energetic/powerful sermons.
Welcome to Real Family Fellowship! - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or