U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2011, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,714 posts, read 9,333,755 times
Reputation: 5228

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
Well, thanks to TB injuries the Panthers were able to picked up their 4th wins. They may just get that 5th game against ATL? It can happen.
The will beat ATL and should beat Houston(if they can stop the running game) and TB again. I wouldn't be surprised if they win out if the playoffs are set and NO sits some players.

Josh Freeman hasn't been good this year so it's not like he would have been a difference maker. I think they will beat your prediction.

I think they said the Panthers have led in 11 of 12 games at the half. For a team with a new coaching staff, rookie QB and going 2-14 last year I think Panther fans have tons to be excited about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2011, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,937,461 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Josh Freeman hasn't been good this year so it's not like he would have been a difference maker. I think they will beat your prediction.
Josh Freeman has outplayed Josh Johnson in every fashion each year. This is why he was benched even with Freeman throwing the picks he did, especially when he was injured. Freeman can run if he needs. He throws 61+%. The receivers have familiarity with him. If the field opens, the run can then occur, which couldn't happen in that game with Carolina. I think if Freeman played this game it would have looked a lot different than it did. Would the Panthers still win? Not sure. But either way the game would have been alot closer.

Most of Freeman's mistakes came against GB (12-0), Houston (9-3), and Bears (7-5) - 9 to be exact. Note during all three of these games he played with a sprained thumb on his throwing hand and in 2 he reinjured it (gun range) by opening it up i.e. stiches; he played with a brace that covered his wrist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2011, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,714 posts, read 9,333,755 times
Reputation: 5228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Josh Freeman has outplayed Josh Johnson in every fashion each year. This is why he was benched even with Freeman throwing the picks he did, especially when he was injured. Freeman can run if he needs. He throws 61+%. The receivers have familiarity with him. If the field opens, the run can then occur, which couldn't happen in that game with Carolina. I think if Freeman played this game it would have looked a lot different than it did. Would the Panthers still win? Not sure. But either way the game would have been alot closer.

Most of Freeman's mistakes came against GB (12-0), Houston (9-3), and Bears (7-5) - 9 to be exact. Note during all three of these games he played with a sprained thumb on his throwing hand and in 2 he reinjured it (gun range) by opening it up i.e. stiches; he played with a brace that covered his wrist.
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses....

Man, if you defended Cam like you just defended Freeman Cam would be a God amongst men.

Imagine if Cam shot a gun while having an injured wrist... heck, imagine if it was reported that Cam shot a gun at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2011, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,937,461 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses....

Man, if you defended Cam like you just defended Freeman Cam would be a God amongst men.

Imagine if Cam shot a gun while having an injured wrist... heck, imagine if it was reported that Cam shot a gun at all
I am not defending Freeman. He made a boneheaded decision that stunted his recovering. In a way, it help kill the rest of our season. Is he the best guy? No. Is he capable to help us win games? Yes.

If Johnson is still behind him after he has been injured since last Oct, playing with a cast, how do you not think that this is the same TB team that started the season by winning against teams like NO... It took Freeman taking a shot to his throwing shoulder last game in order for Johnson to finally get a start, even then they were considering still using him gimped and all.

Come on dude don't stretch the comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2011, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,714 posts, read 9,333,755 times
Reputation: 5228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I am not defending Freeman. He made a boneheaded decision that stunted his recovering. In a way, it help kill the rest of our season. Is he the best guy? No. Is he capable to help us win games? Yes.

If Johnson is still behind him after he has been injured since last Oct, playing with a cast, how do you not think that this is the same TB team that started the season by winning against teams like NO... It took Freeman taking a shot to his throwing shoulder last game in order for Johnson to finally get a start, even then they were considering still using him gimped and all.

Come on dude don't stretch the comment.
Wasn't aware you were a Buc fan so my bad on your fanaticism.

I don't think it's out of the ordinary for any team to beat a division opponent. IMO N.O. and most dome teams have a hard time away from home.

You make it sound like the Panthers weren't in the New Orleans game. They won on the last possession and needed some great throws by Brees on 3rd and 4th down to win.

Tampa also suffered their worst loss in franchise history this year so it's not like TB was a great team this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2011, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,937,461 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Tampa also suffered their worst loss in franchise history this year so it's not like TB was a great team this year.
Never said they were a great team. All I said is they are better with Freeman vs Johnson and potentially could have won against the Panthers if he had played; let alone being uninjured playing. Maybe he will be that way come the next meeting (12/24)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top