U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 07:39 PM

2,149 posts, read 2,625,541 times

Advertisements

I'd love to see the Panthers draft a big, disruptive DT to clog the middle and command double-teams in the same way the Lions have Suh, and now Fairley. When you're bringing the pressure from the middle it's REALLY hard on an offense altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,946,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
No, it isnt. How is that not a byproduct of your defense being lousy? Moreover, you are honestly going to compare college football with professional?
Yes I did twice. But to bring it to the NFL for you: New England during their championship years didn't have the best defense. Their offense led those teams by miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle
"Defense"..."Defense"...."Defense"......you're really beginning to bore me with all this hater-aid.
Defense is bad but again all aspects of the team have failed during these games.

Do you really think that throwing a pick in the red zone last game didn't have any effect on the results... If he didn't throw across another passing lane, the drive would have continued and potentially scored to keep momentum.

Again, are you really that blind to not realize that the Panthers calling a TO at end of second half had a big impact on the end result.... If no TO, the game goes into OT.

Quote:
You were wrong in preseason and dead wrong now.
How? Newton played extremely poorly. Pointing exactly what all the haters said going into the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC
NFL offenses are LIGHT YEARS ahead of college, relative to the overall strategy of the two.
So LIGHT YEARS ahead that Charlie Weis (offensive guru for New England during their glory days) couldn't ever get his offense to run in college

Quote:
In college, defense can win championships, and usually does
Never said it doesn't play an impact in college. I just stated that Auburn won one without a defense, which is fact.

Quote:
Panthers offense 8th in the league, defense at 32nd, special teams at 32nd.
Panthers are #16 in yards allowed (defense)
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Opponent Yards per Game on TeamRankings.com

Panthers are #17 in red zone scoring percentage (offense)
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Red Zone Scoring Percentage on TeamRankings.com

Panthers are #18 in points per game (offense)
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Points per Game on TeamRankings.com

Old 10-18-2011, 08:38 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,269,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
LOL, can't take your own medicine? got punked.
didnt get punked ur still trying to figure it out.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:00 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,513,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Yes I did twice. But to bring it to the NFL for you: New England during their championship years didn't have the best defense. Their offense led those teams by miles.
Just wrong. Blatantly wrong. Did you ever watch those seasons?

New England:
2001 Offense (19th), Defense (24th)
2003 Offense (17th), Defense (7th)
2004 Offense (7th), Defense (9th)

Not the miles you speak of.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:10 PM

Two things happened that helped Cam get off to a fast start.

1st the lockout. Look at the stats put up the first 3 weeks of the season. There were 3 or 4 qb's all on pace to shatter the yardage record. Now even the great Brady has slowed down. Why? Well the defenses are finally up to speed for the lock out and the new rule changes.

2nd. and props to the panther coaches they showed very little of Cam in the preseason. regardless of what you may think of him, he looked like a bum in the preseason. He had bust written all over him. Then all of a sudden he lights green bay up like a Christmas Tree. I don't even think Mrs Newton could envision her son doing that.

Now 6 weeks in and the D's are up to speed and the other teams have 6 weeks of film to look at. I think the boy can play ball, but he isn't the 2nd coming and your starting to see some of his flaws. Ints and accuracy issues. It will be interesting to see if he keeps growing as a QB or if he plateaus quickly. That being said they win 3 more games this year.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:25 PM

3,467 posts, read 3,152,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
didnt get punked ur still trying to figure it out.
There is nothing to figure out little boy.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:30 PM

3,467 posts, read 3,152,457 times
Quote:

1st the lockout. Look at the stats put up the first 3 weeks of the season. There were 3 or 4 qb's all on pace to shatter the yardage record. Now even the great Brady has slowed down. Why? Well the defenses are finally up to speed for the lock out and the new rule changes.

2nd. and props to the panther coaches they showed very little of Cam in the preseason. regardless of what you may think of him, he looked like a bum in the preseason. He had bust written all over him. Then all of a sudden he lights green bay up like a Christmas Tree. I don't even think Mrs Newton could envision her son doing that.

Now 6 weeks in and the D's are up to speed and the other teams have 6 weeks of film to look at. I think the boy can play ball, but he isn't the 2nd coming and your starting to see some of his flaws. Ints and accuracy issues. It will be interesting to see if he keeps growing as a QB or if he plateaus quickly. That being said they win 3 more games this year.
Wow, did it take you all day to deduce this?...genious I say, just genious.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
There is nothing to figure out little boy.
I figured u were still scratching your head on that one.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Wow, did it take you all day to deduce this?...genious I say, just genious.
I think your the genius!

Old 10-19-2011, 05:08 PM

2,149 posts, read 2,625,541 times
Quote:

I'm not sold on the first point helping Cam in any way as he is a rookie that NEEDED that training camp time, probably more than anyone else on the field during the Panthers first three weeks of the season. Rookie QB's historically struggle, with a full preseason, much less an abbreviated one.

I do believe your 2nd point is good though. The coaches didn't suddenly figure out he can throw 60 yards downfield between the last preseason game and when they opened against Arizona.

Obviously teams early on wanted to force him to beat them with his arm as no one, including me, believed he could. Now, like you said, they have tape on how to slide defenses around and change their looks to give him problems. This is where it would have been nice for Cam to have that full preseason, but even with it, he's a rookie QB in the NFL which doesn't spell immediate success generally speaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte