U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:37 PM

201 posts, read 605,686 times

Advertisements

you can come over for some pierogi and latke anytime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 02:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,346 times
Default Thank you

This site is fantastic. Thank you all for the tips on the European stores where hopefully I can, finally, find some Farmers cheese!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:12 PM

3 posts, read 9,090 times
I am interested in learning about any opportunities, within the Charlotte/Fort Mill area, to share with other polish-american individuals, interested in knowing if there is a regularly scheduled polish mass at one of our catholic parishes......I had heard there was one held at the wonderful St. Philip Neri,(Munn Rd.,Fort Mill,SC), easter weekend...I was so sad to have been at the wrong church that Sunday!!! St. Patrick's catherdral is such a lovely historical church....and there's the other closer to downtown Charlotte....recieved much recognition for a fresco work that was done some years ago......polish or latin masses at either? Latin would be quite nice.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:59 PM

3 posts, read 9,090 times
......I would die to have the opportunity of attending a polish "type" of wedding.........it's been so long since we've had one in the family....talk about an excellent time......
I have a lovely Ukrainian friend who shops at the european grocery on Independence Blvd. and Kalinkas in Pineville is interesting....they sometimes have individually wrapped candies made in Poland! (Vodka, Cognac, Brandy flavored candies, in such beautiful, colored wrappings)

Old 06-16-2009, 12:39 PM

99 posts, read 207,394 times
Default polonia fading

Dzien dobry, I'm from Baltimore, MD and starting in the late 19th century Poles began arriving here. Next to Ellis Island the port of Baltimore was second. Polish neighbors were prominent all around the harbor, Many beautiful churches were built. Unfortunately the 21st century has seen the Polish neighborhoods and establishments disintergrate away, The only remaining Roman Polish Catholic church, attendence is very small and the only Polish National church even smaller. Still you can get paczki, pierogies, golumbki, keizcka and kielbasa. How are other communities holding on?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:13 PM

6,766 posts, read 7,724,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I wish more Polish people would move here so that someone would open a restaurant. I need me some pierogies and some Halupki.
x2!!! So many good Polish places to eat in Cleveland and all the street fairs always had good homemade pierogies and stuff. Not too many ethnic neighborhoods in Charlotte that I've seen.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:37 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,186,273 times
You are in charge of making the first polish community here!
Please invite us to the perogi festival!

Old 01-17-2010, 02:51 PM

4 posts, read 5,340 times
Other than oktoberfest in pineville, I have yet to see one polka dance - regardless of nationality - occuring in the Charlotte area. I would think there is interest - with the large international community present! Let's make it happen!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:21 PM

386 posts, read 672,183 times
I am in the Denver, NC area and miss my mom's homemade pierogi. The insides were mashed potatoes and cheese. I have tried several times to create them, but have never succeeded. If anyone gets something Polish going, I would love to attend (and help out, of course!). I make great stuffed cabbage rolls.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,888 times
Hello,

My name is Emilia, I am from Poland and this is my third year in USA. Last two years i spent in New Mexico in Junior college and after graduation I moved here to the Queens University of Charlotte. i will be more than glad if I will get chance to meet some Polish people. Please let me know about the church or meeting places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte