U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:29 PM

6 posts, read 26,442 times
Default Polish community in Charlotte

We are moving from Boston next month. We would love to meet some polish people as well. Any polish community in Charlotte? Boston is not Chicago but still we met a lot of polish people there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 01:31 PM

4,732 posts, read 13,115,259 times
Not too many here. The few that are here came from Chicago and Buffalo.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 PM

550 posts, read 1,085,530 times
No real ethnic "communities" here like you'd find in NYC, etc. - Italian, Chinatown, etc.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:26 PM

513 posts, read 1,398,326 times
What part of Boston are you from? We are Polish and relocated here from Boston. Not too many Polish here - you will actually catch a lot of grief if you have a name that's tough to pronounce. I can't believe some of the comments I've had here! I have met some other Polish people, mostly through church.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Polish community in Charlotte

We live in Burlington MA, and worked in Boston. We are in our 50ties, but very "young at heart" 50ties. Most of our friends are younger then us. I am saying this because most people /younger people/ think 50ties is old and they run away. We love to travel and socialize and to have a good time. We bought house on Marionwood Pl very close to my husband work /Solectron/. I think this is University area or close to it.We didn't do much research about if this is good area, just trusted our agent. We loved the house or maybe I should rather say, beautiful back yard. If you would like to get in touch would be splendid. Which area do you live there? Thanks God our name is easy to pronounce. I'll definitely look for the catholic church nearby.

Last edited by EliPet; 08-21-2007 at 05:38 AM..

Old 08-21-2007, 10:44 AM

513 posts, read 1,398,326 times
We are in South Charlotte. I really don't know anything about the University area! Good luck with your move!

Old 09-12-2007, 06:07 AM

Looks like everybody is buying in South Charlotte. Juz zdazylam nawiazac pare kontaktow z Polonia i wyglada na to ze wiekszosc mieszka w tamtych okolicach. Dla nas jest bardzo wazne zeby nie marnowac czasu na dojazdy do pracy. Przeprowadzamy sie w poniedzialek 17tego. W Mass. leje juz 3 dni i jest bardzo zimno.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:18 AM

14,699 posts, read 13,146,234 times
I wish more Polish people would move here so that someone would open a restaurant. I need me some pierogies and some Halupki.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 7,071 times
Here is a good church:

St. Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Church
1400 Suther Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28213

It's in the University Area... Off from University Blvd.

I looked for a Restaurant and Polish National Home here and couldn't find one.... I miss the food!!! I'm from NH, but my family is in Hartford, CT which is where I would get my food fix. Being this is one of the largest and fastest growing cities in America, I figured there would be wide range of culture here. However, there is a Russain Grocery store somewhere in Charlotte (haven't found it yet) that happens to sell some Polish food, so I've heard. No one specified exactly what kind of Polish food, it could be cereal in a box for all I know.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Status: "Union County Booster Club - Treasurer" (set 23 days ago)

8,303 posts, read 9,775,946 times
Has anyone tried this place?

Europe Food Store - Charlotte, NC

I also pass a place on independence in Charlotte (near the lebo's or BJ's I believe) that is sort of "international store" for different european foods...

I haven't tried either, but someone might have....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte