Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 04:23 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,847,294 times

Advertisements

Remember credit check isn't 100%. You could have good credit and just lost your job, and still produce a pay check stub. It takes 30-45 days to get updated some times.

I mean geeez I just went and bought a $42k truck and they didn't ask me for anything but SS and DL#. No paycheck stubs. I could have been jobless and never paid on the truck.

As Mike also stated as a landlord, kind of hard to turn down 6 months of rent on a 6 month lease. If they mess up after month two, they are gone with four months of rent to cover any charges. Geez throw in a security deposit to pay the $300 for eviction filing fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2006, 04:46 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,847,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
I don't think so since you've had posts deleted as well as a thread that was locked Bad grammar isn't one of the valid reasons for giving negative feedback. Looks like simple pettiness to me. Not gonna lose any sleep over it

Regards,

Cassie
Honestly, to much weight put into that anyway. Thats why I deleted the response. You must have just caught it before I deleted it.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:53 PM

463 posts, read 1,648,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
Honestly, to much weight put into that anyway. Thats why I deleted the response. You must have just caught it before I deleted it.
Fair enough. I'll delete mine too.

Cassie

Old 09-09-2006, 05:21 PM

463 posts, read 1,648,011 times
I think that the lesson to be learned in all of this is that regardless of what anyone an Internet message board thinks, (including me!) about what they would or would not require of a prospective tenant, the rental management of the apartment complex that the original poster has her heart set on has some pretty stringent policies for prospective tenants.

Regardless of what I or anyone else may think, may do, about renting to a tenant, we ain't calling the shots for this particular apt. complex.

It took less than a five minute phone call to find out what those policies were. My sole reason for doing so was to try to help the initial poster. IMO and experience, Internet *guesswork* is rarely useful.

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 09-09-2006 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: don't want to offend the grammar or spelling police <giggle>

Old 09-11-2006, 07:03 AM

8 posts, read 97,893 times
HI everyone! Thank you for all of your responses. Well I have no problem with a background check - I do not have a crime record of any kind so not worried about that in the least. The credit check will be what it is. If I do not get the apt based on my credit then I will move on to somewhere else, what else could be done. Thanks again for all your help.

Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Hi Jenn,

Sorry to disappoint you but one quick phone call call was all it took to find out what their policies for prospective tenants are. The Landings Apartments in Huntersville requires not only a credit check for all prospective tenants, but also a criminal background check, social security card, driver's license, proof of employment and pay stubs.

Prospective tenants pay for the credit check and criminal background check. It's a non-refundable fee of $35.00.

Wish I had better news for you but I don't.

Regards,

Cassie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte