U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 PM

14 posts, read 16,660 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Mooresville in the spring. We are looking in the Point. Are newcomers welcome? How hard is the 7:30 school start time? How are the classroom sizes? (three girls-k,2nd,3rd) Is the club a fun place to join? Any information would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 07:23 AM

6,032 posts, read 7,528,222 times
Overpriced... LOTS of traffic. If you have any sort of Commute south to Charlotte during 7-8am I wouldn't consider Mooresville.

You might be able to find more value and lower taxes on Lake Wylie.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:09 PM

Default Mooresville

My husband will be working in Mooresville so commuting is not an issue. We are just trying to determine the lifestyles in different areas. Can you go to public school in Cornelius? The buses in Mooresville leave so early in the morning. Do people drive their kids to school? Is anyone area friendlier to newcomers than others? We want to be on Lake Norman, so other lakes are not of interest. Thanks for any help from anyone.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 PM

7,180 posts, read 11,195,308 times
The Point is just fine. Especially now that there are great deals to be had on housing. Also, traffic is hardly the issue it used to be as Brawley School Road has been dualized and driving the road is a piece of cake now.

7:30 AM is not tough at all. There is some traffic getting to the high school from the Brawley / Morrison Plantation area since a heavy population of kids travel in the same direction to get there and their drive intersects with the commuters coming in on Hwy 150 to reach I-77.

BTW, Cornelius is part of the Charlotte - Mecklenburg school district. The Point and surrounding areas are part of the Iredell - Statesville school district.

Good luck with your move!

Old 10-13-2011, 05:33 PM

Default The Point

Thanks for replying! Where we live now in Houston, there are places where people feel the can or cannot go to public school. Are there any areas in any of the Lake Norman towns that this would be a concern? We are interested in both Cornelius and Mooresville, and going to public school. My husband will be working in Mooresville. Thanks for any opinions.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:23 PM

7,180 posts, read 11,195,308 times
It would be my personal preference to send my kids to Iredell Statesville schools or the Mooresville Graded School district rather than Charlotte Mecklenburg schools. There are also some private and charter school options as well.

Loosely speaking Char-Meck serves the area surrounding I-77 from Exit 30 (Davidson) and down to the SC border.

Iredell Statesville would run from Exit 32 up to 56 (or so).

The MGS district serves the Mooresville area to the eastern side of I-77.

Search for the school threads on this forum and you'll see many opinions on the subject that can help you.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:59 PM

7 posts, read 7,767 times
The Pointe is really beautiful. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or