U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 05:44 PM

5,150 posts, read 2,760,314 times
Default Man who accused EpiCentre of racism creates Black Card

In case you missed the story on WSOC TV tonight, video is now online.

Basically, "Phillip Agnew is preparing to launch the "Black Card," a discount card open to the public that would give them 10 percent off when they shop at businesses owned by African Americans."

Man who accused EpiCentre of racism creates Black Card - News Story - WSOC Charlotte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 06:04 PM

14,632 posts, read 12,674,938 times
This is usually where I'd make a comment about what would happen if someone made a white card, but what is the point?

Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM

1,037 posts, read 907,841 times
So as a black male i would give a white business 100% full profit when i shop there but when i use my black card at a black business i only give them 90% of the profit?????!!!!! This sounds really counter-productive...

Old 09-29-2011, 06:45 PM

1,059 posts, read 886,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
So as a black male i would give a white business 100% full profit when i shop there but when i use my black card at a black business i only give them 90% of the profit?????!!!!! This sounds really counter-productive...
It's the thought that counts?

Old 09-30-2011, 05:12 AM

359 posts, read 255,950 times
Those who supported this person please step forward and sign up for your Black Card.

It was obvious from the get-go he had an agenda.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:25 AM

6,612 posts, read 2,907,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
actually... it sounds like any other sale or coupon that a business uses to get you in the door. The only difference is this one is based on race.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:34 AM

2,172 posts, read 2,360,604 times
Once again, what could be an interesting discussion Ie: how dollars are circulated (or not) within immigrant/minority communities flows to a base level.

There really could be a larger discussion point here folks. And it doesn't have a thing to do with racism.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 AM

21,682 posts, read 37,020,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Once again, what could be an interesting discussion Ie: how dollars are circulated (or not) within immigrant/minority communities flows to a base level.

There really could be a larger discussion point here folks. And it doesn't have a thing to do with racism.
No one has stated in post prior it was racism.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 AM

1,940 posts, read 902,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
This is usually where I'd make a comment about what would happen if someone made a white card, but what is the point?

Lol, this is where a lot of folk get confused, we already have a white card, white businesses are everywhere.

Everybody has an agenda and people use all sorts of publicity for their financial gain...why not? How bout the former first family of Alaska and that whole clan, ol' Levy posing for playgirl with upcoming book tour...I love this country.

Flipside, this an opportunity to highlight minority-owned businesses in the area (although the Black Pages exist). Instantly, some will have a knee-jerk reaction to think along racial lines but as with any ethnic group (Greek, etc), certain product and services can be found via minority-owned businesses, essentially another marketing vehicle if people can manage to take off the racial goggles for a minute.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 AM

1,940 posts, read 902,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
No one has stated in post prior it was racism.
Ok, did you not see the term "white card" in a previous post? Anyway, this entire story is based on race or an alleged racial incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte