Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 07:45 PM

679 posts, read 614,863 times

Advertisements

So, the fiancee and I are being reloacted to Charlotte. I've done lots of reading thru this website, asked a few questions and the first date of us being in Charlotte will be in 3 weeks. Now, we plan on renting for at least a year and I've been doing tons of looking around and finding out areas that are good and what we want but I've had some issues and I had an idea proposed to me that I wanted to run by you guys.

So, we don't want to rent a place without physically seeing the location and surroundings and so we are going to have to wait until we are there. And we also have a week in Charlotte before we have to start back at work. Now I already have us booked in an extended stay hotel until we can find a place, but I'm wondering how to do this the quickest way. We received a suggestion from her sister that we get a realtor for renting, which we had no idea these existed. I think that would be extremely helpful but I have no idea of where to go for the good Rental realtors.

I know the TOS says you can't tell me in the thread but feel free to DM me any suggestions if it is the exact name of a realtor or agency. If you have any ideas that wouldn't violate TOS to post then I would love some suggestions.

We will be working in the BOA green building in uptown and are looking for a less than 45 minute drive home, we have zero kids so schools will be a non-issue and we are looking to probably spend less than 1k/month for something like a 3br/2ba and not an apartment, but a house or townhouse.

Any ideas would be awesome, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 09:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
So, the fiancee and I are being reloacted to Charlotte. I've done lots of reading thru this website, asked a few questions and the first date of us being in Charlotte will be in 3 weeks. Now, we plan on renting for at least a year and I've been doing tons of looking around and finding out areas that are good and what we want but I've had some issues and I had an idea proposed to me that I wanted to run by you guys.

So, we don't want to rent a place without physically seeing the location and surroundings and so we are going to have to wait until we are there. And we also have a week in Charlotte before we have to start back at work. Now I already have us booked in an extended stay hotel until we can find a place, but I'm wondering how to do this the quickest way. We received a suggestion from her sister that we get a realtor for renting, which we had no idea these existed. I think that would be extremely helpful but I have no idea of where to go for the good Rental realtors.

I know the TOS says you can't tell me in the thread but feel free to DM me any suggestions if it is the exact name of a realtor or agency. If you have any ideas that wouldn't violate TOS to post then I would love some suggestions.

We will be working in the BOA green building in uptown and are looking for a less than 45 minute drive home, we have zero kids so schools will be a non-issue and we are looking to probably spend less than 1k/month for something like a 3br/2ba and not an apartment, but a house or townhouse.

Any ideas would be awesome, thanks

I would be happy to dm you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte