Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 06:32 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTfromCharlotte View Post
Than you can provide the next $105K out of your pocket. I, for one, am not okay with MY hard earned taxpayer money being used on this. Unless the CMPD are going to start bashing heads (yes, literally), then use my money elsewhere.
My taxes already go to a bunch of useless things...

I don't mind a portion of it going to a group who is giving the banks a middle finger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 06:36 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

I don't mind a portion of it going to a group who is giving the banks a middle finger.
But . . . the banks don't give a rat's patootie, lol. These folks here in Charlotte might as well be preaching to the choir - no one who matters at BofA is even noticing, lol.

So your taxes are going to a bunch of folks who are accomplishing NOTHING. Maybe you don't care about that, but I think most of us do! I would rather see $107K go to soup kitchens than police patrols and garbage clean up so people can sing kumbayah and hold hands in tents in downtown Charlotte.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
But . . . the banks don't give a rat's patootie, lol. These folks here in Charlotte might as well be preaching to the choir - no one who matters at BofA is even noticing, lol.

So your taxes are going to a bunch of folks who are accomplishing NOTHING. Maybe you don't care about that, but I think most of us do! I would rather see $107K go to soup kitchens than police patrols and garbage clean up so people can sing kumbayah and hold hands in tents in downtown Charlotte.
You are talking about them...

People need to stop complaining about how or what they are doing...

When I worked for a homeless shelter some complained about why tax dollars were being spent on lazy drug addicts, yada yada yada....

Regardless of the approach people will complain.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
You are talking about them...

People need to stop complaining about how or what they are doing...

When I worked for a homeless shelter some complained about why tax dollars were being spent on lazy drug addicts, yada yada yada....

Regardless of the approach people will complain.
No no, Felt . . . don't try to shift the focus here. Not gonna work! LOL

Yes, people may complain but that doesn't mean complaints should be dismissed if they are valid.

You are sidestepping my premise: BofA ain't paying any attention to these folks . . . so all that is being accomplished is garbage clean up and police duty at taxpayer's expense.

I don't see how that is helping "the 99%" with a blame thing when the messenger is being ignored. All they are accomplishing is some ego-driven need to make themselves the story - at taxpayer expense.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:15 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
Quote:

Yes, people may complain but that doesn't mean complaints should be dismissed if they are valid.

You are sidestepping my premise: BofA ain't paying any attention to these folks . . . so all that is being accomplished is garbage clean up and police duty at taxpayer's expense.

I don't see how that is helping "the 99%" with a blame thing when the messenger is being ignored. All they are accomplishing is some ego-driven need to make themselves the story - at taxpayer expense.

bofa isn't listening? Of course they are...If they weren't they would not have called in several of the Exec's this week and be holding a "secret" meeting here in Charlotte in a panic over the exodus of people leaving the bank and the blemish they have on them in the media. My source? Melissa Hankins on BTV did a story on this just last night.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:17 AM

841 posts, read 1,432,066 times
Quote:

One man's feast is another man's poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
bofa isn't listening? Of course they are...If they weren't they would not have called in several of the Exec's this week and be holding a "secret" meeting here in Charlotte in a panic over the exodus of people leaving the bank and the blemish they have on them in the media. My source? Melissa Hankins on BTV did a story on this just last night.
This has nothing to do with the "Occupy" movement and everything to do with their decision to charge for debit card use. One has nothing to do with the other. BOA is losing customers over that poor move and the bad PR that followed it. Ironically, it's the free market system at work as intended, something some occupiers deride.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
One man's feast is another man's poison.

This has nothing to do with the "Occupy" movement and everything to do with their decision to charge for debit card use. One has nothing to do with the other. BOA is losing customers over that poor move and the bad PR that followed it. Ironically, it's the free market system at work as intended, something some occupiers deride.

So do you not think that these "occupiers" have not been key is moving accounts? Try as people might they can not dismiss that they are causing a stir, if they weren't the nay-sayers sure wouldn't be putting so much energy into them. To add, as much as people want to think that all "occupiers" are scum, perhaps they should do some homework and they will find they are MANY all across this country just like themselves who are supporting this movement.

Gotta give them credit though, at least they are doing something and not keyboard commandos.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:

BofA is paying attention...

"Bank of America has launched in 12 major markets a campaign that cites its charitable expenditures and small business lending as proof of its dedication to financially healthy communities."

- The Nonprofit quarterly

Old 11-01-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post

Exactly. It always comes down to the bottom line. The only way to get attention is to stop patronizing - and that goes for ANY business.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
BofA is paying attention...

"Bank of America has launched in 12 major markets a campaign that cites its charitable expenditures and small business lending as proof of its dedication to financially healthy communities."

- The Nonprofit quarterly
Well, they need to get better PR advice, then . . . cause no one gives a flip about these little gestures that supposedly show how much they care about financially healthy communities. If they care about financially healthy communities, then do something about restructuring the crappy loans from Countrywide, with no caveats about credit worthiness, missed payments, upside down valuations, in order to "qualify" . . . etc etc etc.

Charitable expenditures may have looked like a warm fuzzy gesture in the past; all it looks like now is a tax write off and a very transparent (and ineffective) attempt to try to lull the public into believing they give a rat's arse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte