U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,154,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
bofa isn't listening? Of course they are...If they weren't they would not have called in several of the Exec's this week and be holding a "secret" meeting here in Charlotte in a panic over the exodus of people leaving the bank and the blemish they have on them in the media. My source? Melissa Hankins on BTV did a story on this just last night.
LOL. I believe "panic" is too strong a word, but let's just go with it for argument's sake.

The only thing that "panics" these guys is the bottom line. Some folks plopped down on the grass and sleeping in tents is just a matter for municipalities to deal with - and certainly does not "panic" anyone in the banking industry.

Now, if millions of folks would close their accounts (I don't bank with them, so I didn't have the option/pleasure to close an account) . . . that will at least get their attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 07:59 AM

841 posts, read 1,239,738 times
Quote:
So do you not think that these "occupiers" have not been key is moving accounts? Try as people might they can not dismiss that they are causing a stir, if they weren't the nay-sayers sure wouldn't be putting so much energy into them. To add, as much as people want to think that all "occupiers" are scum, perhaps they should do some homework and they will find they are MANY all across this country just like themselves who are supporting this movement.

Gotta give them credit though, at least they are doing something and not keyboard commandos.
Please prove that they are making a positive difference. Don Quixote believed to be making a difference as well. To use loaded language as you do in your first paragraph is equally dismissive of those who do not wholly agree with the occupiers' actions.

To your second paragraph: that's a specious argument to say the least.

To the major point, however: Ani is right on the money, if you will pardon the pun. Those on the "grassy knoll" have nothing to do with BOA "trembling" in their proverbial shoes. Customers moving their money in rightful protest over new fees? That's what gets attention. The rest is simply jousting with windmills.

In fact, one could argue that the latest rounds of clashes with police with the Occupy Movement (no matter who is at fault, the police or the protestors) is hurting the cause tremendously on main street, where REAL change begins in the voting booth. Images of protestors clashing with authorities (again we aren't discussing who started it) is a negative image on the nightly news for a large majority of Americans, I would argue.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:07 AM

8,231 posts, read 11,607,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
LOL. I believe "panic" is too strong a word, but let's just go with it for argument's sake.

The only thing that "panics" these guys is the bottom line. Some folks plopped down on the grass and sleeping in tents is just a matter for municipalities to deal with - and certainly does not "panic" anyone in the banking industry.

Now, if millions of folks would close their accounts (I don't bank with them, so I didn't have the option/pleasure to close an account) . . . that will at least get their attention.
Panic is not my word, it is the word of the person whom Melissa interviewed.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
Please prove that they are making a positive difference. Don Quixote believed to be making a difference as well. To use loaded language as you do in your first paragraph is equally dismissive of those who do not wholly agree with the occupiers' actions.

To the major point, however: Ani is right on the money, if you will pardon the pun. Those on the "grassy knoll" have nothing to do with BOA "trembling" in their proverbial shoes. Customers moving their money in rightful protest over new fees? That's what gets attention. The rest is simply jousting with windmills.

In fact, one could argue that the latest rounds of clashes with police with the Occupy Movement (no matter who is at fault, the police or the protestors) is hurting the cause tremendously on main street, where REAL change begins in the voting booth. Images of protestors clashing with authorities (again we aren't discussing who started it) is a negative image on the nightly news for a large majority of Americans, I would argue.

You are welcome to go to BTV's site and search out the story. bofa is most assuredly concerned with their "negative image" that is out there right now that is coming in from several angles.

Interesting how people only want to discuss what the media is putting out there and not do their homework and research about those who all across this country are sitting on a "grassy knoll". Like I have said time and again...like lambs to the slaughter.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:

Yes, "doing something" - when that "something" is totally ineffective - is no cause for applause. It is simply wasted effort, regardless of how "good a cause" it may have been . . .

Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yes, "doing something" - when that "something" is totally ineffective - is no cause for applause. It is simply wasted effort, regardless of how "good a cause" it may have been . . .
By this logic to stand against rape (as an example) all the while very little changes statistic wise would be considered "wasted effort".

Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
You are welcome to go to BTV's site and search out the story. bofa is most assuredly concerned with their "negative image" that is out there right now that is coming in from several angles.

Interesting how people only want to discuss what the media is putting out there and not do their homework and research about those who all across this country are sitting on a "grassy knoll". Like I have said time and again...like lambs to the slaughter.
Seeing as how both lowercountry and I have a background as PR professionals, we can see media manipulation from a looooooong distance. BTV was used as a tool for BofA's PR efforts.

Last edited by brokensky; 11-01-2011 at 08:29 AM..

Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 AM

841 posts, read 1,239,738 times
Quote:

You seem to be missing my point. I do not doubt that BOA is concerned about their negative image. My point is that the "occupiers" aren't a part of that epiphany; it is coming from the bad PR and the loss of customers due to the new debit card fees. The percentage of people involved in the movement is miniscule compared to the population at large.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
By this logic to stand against rape (as an example) all the while very little changes statistic wise would be considered "wasted effort".
Now you are simply getting silly on us.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
You seem to be missing my point. I do not doubt that BOA is concerned about their negative image. My point is that the "occupiers" aren't a part of that epiphany; it is coming from the bad PR and the loss of customers due to the new debit card fees. The percentage of people involved in the movement is miniscule compared to the population at large.
I don't see why this is hard to understand. Bad publicity lasts but a moment. Losing customers? That matters. When you are in the $$$ business, $$$ matters - a lot, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or