Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2011, 07:22 AM

981 posts, read 1,616,470 times

Advertisements

This forthcoming May, I will be graduating with an Associate of Applied Science in Electromechanical Technology. And I wish to finally avail myself of the area I live in to move to a large, vibrant city that is really on the up-and-up. So let me lay down the facts of my situation and allow you to judge whether or not my plan for moving is sound:
  • I have some industrial electrical experience, a two-year degree, and a certificate from the NCCER. Nevertheless, I am willing to work whatever job I can find when I hit the pavement until I find a job in my field.
  • I will have approximately $12,000-14,000 to move and get set up.
  • I do not want an apartment to myself. I want to room with other people to reduce the cost of living.

I intend on creating this post in several forums of prospective locations to ascertain whether or not my plan is sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 09:58 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,804,360 times
With that kind of degree, I would be looking more towards Raleigh/Cary/RTP. That's just me though.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:47 AM

981 posts, read 1,616,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
With that kind of degree, I would be looking more towards Raleigh/Cary/RTP. That's just me though.
Yeah, I have a post with the same question in that forum since it also looked like a good area to move to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte