U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 AM
 
85 posts, read 257,641 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Too funny..when you buy a house, and there are realtors invloved...the BUYER pays for EVERYTHING if you want to be technical...ALL cpsts/fees are built into the price...materials, labor, equipment, debt, sales fees, mark-up, etc, etc...I am a developer and can show you that I have line items for EVERYTHING...so let's be VERY clear: the sales price covers all costs associated with a sale, and the HUD forms will show you the disbursement of the funds which lnclude the sales commisions, legal fees, closing costs, etc, etc...I employ realtors, and can vouch for their necessity from BOTH sides, but acting as if an agent works for Free is just silly...CHARLOTTEAN has it right.: buyer always pays for everything...be it bread, a car or a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
422 posts, read 1,217,908 times
Reputation: 240
Thank you Gatorbuilt!!! I agree 100%!!

To the Realtors who are painting a negative picture for the Sales Agent.. let me just make something clear.

Yes, I am a New Home Sales Consultant and I work for a well known builder. ALL Sales Consultants ARE NC Realestate BROKERS! We follow ALL commission rules and take realestate very seriously. Yes, we do work for the Builder and we do make that clear in every contract. We welcome all Realtors to work with us, not against us. In my experience, when you decided to make us look bad in front of your client, you look like the idiot, not me. If you remember from your Brokers classes, if you are a Broker, then you know, even as a Sales Person/Agent for the seller, I still owe the Buyer- LOADS!!! and Im sure you know what Loads stands for. And stop telling your customers that its free- that is not really true...

Point is, I could go on and on... but I am a Licensed North Carolina Realestate Broker and I do take my job in New Home Sales seriously. I have a JDP score average of 9.6. And I am here for them through out the whole process. Hopefully you are too, unlike alot of Realtors who tend to just show up a couple of weeks before closing. I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2007, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Wantagh to Waxhaw
536 posts, read 1,542,819 times
Reputation: 164
Default It is about perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbuilt28036 View Post
buyer always pays for everything...be it bread, a car or a house.
Really, Hmmmm - try telling that to the Seller of a home, who is going to lose 6% of there equity!

Can we have a "NO SPIN ZONE", like Bill O Rielly has!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Wantagh to Waxhaw
536 posts, read 1,542,819 times
Reputation: 164
Thumbs up Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhomesalesrep View Post
Thank you Gatorbuilt!!! I agree 100%!!

To the Realtors who are painting a negative picture for the Sales Agent.. let me just make something clear.

Yes, I am a New Home Sales Consultant and I work for a well known builder. ALL Sales Consultants ARE NC Realestate BROKERS! We follow ALL commission rules and take realestate very seriously. Yes, we do work for the Builder and we do make that clear in every contract. We welcome all Realtors to work with us, not against us. In my experience, when you decided to make us look bad in front of your client, you look like the idiot, not me. If you remember from your Brokers classes, if you are a Broker, then you know, even as a Sales Person/Agent for the seller, I still owe the Buyer- LOADS!!! and Im sure you know what Loads stands for. And stop telling your customers that its free- that is not really true...

Point is, I could go on and on... but I am a Licensed North Carolina Realestate Broker and I do take my job in New Home Sales seriously. I have a JDP score average of 9.6. And I am here for them through out the whole process. Hopefully you are too, unlike alot of Realtors who tend to just show up a couple of weeks before closing. I
Did you know that "Buyer Agency (representation)" was formed because as much as 73% of buyers interviewed thought the agent was acting on there behalf. This was the #1 reason for lawsuits against agents for many years in NC (and other states!). Now that "Buyer Agency" is prevalant in NC, that lawsuit is virtually non-exsistant.

BTW, I need to trust the sales agent, because they do know (should know) there inventory like the back of there hands! So keep up the good job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2007, 09:21 AM
 
153 posts, read 424,707 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhomesalesrep View Post
Thank you Gatorbuilt!!! I agree 100%!!

To the Realtors who are painting a negative picture for the Sales Agent.. let me just make something clear.

Yes, I am a New Home Sales Consultant and I work for a well known builder. ALL Sales Consultants ARE NC Realestate BROKERS! We follow ALL commission rules and take realestate very seriously. Yes, we do work for the Builder and we do make that clear in every contract. We welcome all Realtors to work with us, not against us. In my experience, when you decided to make us look bad in front of your client, you look like the idiot, not me. If you remember from your Brokers classes, if you are a Broker, then you know, even as a Sales Person/Agent for the seller, I still owe the Buyer- LOADS!!! and Im sure you know what Loads stands for. And stop telling your customers that its free- that is not really true...

Point is, I could go on and on... but I am a Licensed North Carolina Realestate Broker and I do take my job in New Home Sales seriously. I have a JDP score average of 9.6. And I am here for them through out the whole process. Hopefully you are too, unlike alot of Realtors who tend to just show up a couple of weeks before closing. I


Okay, I also formally worked for a very well known builder in Charlotte selling new homes. I can assure you that when I go into an office with a client I look far from being an idiot!! Usually, it is the sales rep that has to make multiple phone calls to someone who can actually make a decision that looks foolish. All I am saying is this, if you have an educated buyers agent, they can get more out of the builder than the sales rep (who represents the builders best interest) will be wiling to give. Problem is, most people just think, okay, it is the builders policy, I have on multiple occasions presented an offer to a builders agent, they make a call, cant get approval, my clients and I leave only to have the builders rep call my cell, usually before we are more than 5 minutes away, to accept the deal. And while yes, it is not free, you do not give a reduction of the sales commission if they show up without an agent. So, to hire a buyers agent does not incur more cost, it just brings someone to the table to get them more of what they wouldn't get without one!!

Last edited by Charlie Berry; 08-24-2007 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2007, 09:28 AM
 
153 posts, read 424,707 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbuilt28036 View Post
Too funny..when you buy a house, and there are realtors invloved...the BUYER pays for EVERYTHING if you want to be technical...ALL cpsts/fees are built into the price...materials, labor, equipment, debt, sales fees, mark-up, etc, etc...I am a developer and can show you that I have line items for EVERYTHING...so let's be VERY clear: the sales price covers all costs associated with a sale, and the HUD forms will show you the disbursement of the funds which lnclude the sales commisions, legal fees, closing costs, etc, etc...I employ realtors, and can vouch for their necessity from BOTH sides, but acting as if an agent works for Free is just silly...CHARLOTTEAN has it right.: buyer always pays for everything...be it bread, a car or a house.

Of course we get paid, and yes, it is a % of the sales price, and it is very clear on the HUD. Now, you tell me hoe it is advantageous to a buyer coming to the table without an agent, do you give a credit, What? you don't? But I thought that was "built in" to the price. So basically the builders are saying we have already paid for you to have representation per the commission being built into the sales price, but since you decided that you wanted to go this process alone, we will just keep that to increase our bottom line!! This is exactly why a buyer should use a buyers agent, you are certainly not going to take that % off for them by not having one.

Last edited by Charlie Berry; 08-24-2007 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
 
153 posts, read 424,707 times
Reputation: 136
You can spin this anyway you would like. In the end, there is not a discount for not having a buyers agent. Builders keep the allotted monies to increse their bottom line. A resale property that is sold in dual agency will likely credit some of their commmission back to the seller (not the buyer), a FSBO will be willing to pay the extra cash to have a represented buyer acquire their home. I guess one scenario where it could be advantageous would be an unrepresented buyer acquiring a FSBO without an agent. Only problem there is good luck getting through the process (inspections, repair negotiations, appraisals, mortage process etc) Oh yeah, and do you have any idea if the price you paid was market value. How did the seller price their home? Even if you get a 4% discount of the sales price from the seller, you could still be considerably over the Fair Market Value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2007, 10:14 AM
 
26 posts, read 101,415 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Berry View Post
Oh yeah, and do you have any idea if the price you paid was market value. How did the seller price their home? Even if you get a 4% discount of the sales price from the seller, you could still be considerably over the Fair Market Value.
I think ZILLOW.com makes that a tough argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2007, 11:21 AM
 
245 posts, read 197,599 times
Reputation: 37
zilow's numbers are out of whack especially here in Charlotte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2007, 12:38 PM
 
Location: South Charlotte
1,435 posts, read 5,231,835 times
Reputation: 486
Zillow is a good tool for many things. However, the info is based on public tax records and cannot be considered a true market value.

Example being: Three homes sell for $200K in the last 6 months all the same floorplan, features, etc.. Another similiar home in the same neighborhood starts to go into foreclosure and someone purchases it at the courthouse for $150K. That house would be figured into Zillow's database and bring down the represented value.

This is just one example of why it simply is not very accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:26 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top