U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 01:01 PM

55 posts, read 154,496 times

Advertisements

My daughter in TK has been assessed and has some speech challenges. Does anyone have experience with county resources to work with children on their speech (lisps, articulation challenges, etc)? When I was her age, there were speech therapists that the state paid for that came to your house. (I didn't grow up in NC though). Please also share if you have experience with private speech therapists that worked well with your child. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 01:02 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,403,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjallen View Post
My daughter in TK has been assessed and has some speech challenges. Does anyone have experience with county resources to work with children on their speech (lisps, articulation challenges, etc)? When I was her age, there were speech therapists that the state paid for that came to your house. (I didn't grow up in NC though). Please also share if you have experience with private speech therapists that worked well with your child. Thanks in advance.
I will be happy to send you a direct message

Old 10-17-2011, 12:11 PM

55 posts, read 154,496 times
Thanks LovesMountains. Has anyone else had experience with particular providers in Union county? Do the county or state help provide any of these services?

Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,094,493 times
I find it interesting that they came to your house. I always had to go to one at school. Unfortunately, I have no experience with ones around here but I wish you and your daughter the best.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:30 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,052,140 times
Union County does it through the public schools. Contact the district, they will provide services at one of the elementary schools.

There are some great apps if you have an ipad/ipod/iphone. I've used some and they work so much better than her classes, as I can do them more often than she goes to speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or