Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2007, 09:53 PM

380 posts, read 1,756,469 times

Advertisements

We may be taking a job at nuc plant. Is it real rural around there? Where is good place to live near there? It looks to me that it is in Huntersville area so i assume the commute is easy if we live anywhere in Huntersville or even Davidson. How is the traffic around there? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 10:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
The commute from Davidson can be tough due to it two lanes on 77 and if there a wreck even worst.

Huntersville would be a good location most of the traffic would be heading opposite of you unless they are using Beatties Ford Rd to head into charlotte from Highway 73.

Huntersville is far from rural even though there is some subdivisions in rural settings but the city itself isnt.

Your next Choice would be Denver very close to Mcquire but it is unincorporated town and rather rural a few strip malls here and there and that is it. However it not to far from Huntersville or Charlotte has decent schools and lower taxes.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:29 PM

SunnyKayak, I didn't think Huntersville was neccessarily rural but wondered about the area by the plant. Most of the time they built these nuc plants way out in no man's land and it didn't look like that from my map. Oh I meant Cornelius not Davidson. Is that a long commute. I think Denver would be too rural. We want to be near shopping and entertainment. Teenage daughter wants to be near a nice mall. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:31 PM

45 posts, read 167,824 times
Huntersville is very nice and you can't beat the commute. Check out Birkdale Village for shopping. (LOVE it!)

Old 08-22-2007, 10:35 PM

I have seen Birkdale Village on line already. It looks great. That is one reason I am interested in Huntersville to be near that and the lake.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
This area use to be very rural Huntersville population in the late 80's was around 2000 now it about 47K.

Cornelius would be a good second option the drive on Catawba Avenue should not be too bad due to your heading opposite of Charlotte traffic.
I would lean to west side of 77 though.

There is some real nice homes actually within walking distance of mccquire but due to proximity to the lake they cost more $$
Those subdivisions are Haggers Ferry, Twin Coves

I think subdivisions off Beatties Ford Road in Huntersville would be ideal only one or two traffic lights to deal with.

Here a list of some but there is more
Tanner Creek
Gilead Ridge
Gilead Village
Cedarfield
Wynfield (my favorite but cost more $$)
Cashion Woods (havent seen)
Stevens Grove (havent seen)
Carrington Ridge
Oaks at Mcilwaine

This is a horrible map but LOL good for idea where the subdivisions are. Reason I like the ones above a very short commute to work. The type of commute you can have lunch at home. Mcguire isnt shown but it is upper left corner beside Twin Coves.
http://www.huntersville.org/downloads/News/BFRCSAP_Status_of_Subdivisions.pdf (broken link)

I need to update this photo guide with more pics but it can give u a general idea. http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...rrounding.html

I like it here in Huntersville there is some real cool looking new parks, close to Latta plantation Park, Decent shopping very close to NorthLake Mall.
Quite a bit of commerical construction going for new restaurants, stores etc. Other than it lacks character and mom and pop shops and restaurants Im overall pleased with it to things I need to make happiness in life.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,662,844 times
You will not go wrong with either Cornelius or Huntersville. Commutes will be negligent. Catawba Avenue nor Sam Furr Rd (Hwy 73) will be an issue because you will be opposite of traffic. Plenty of shopping around and great access to the lake. There are some nice neighborhoods on the east side of 77 in Cornelius on Highway 21 and 115, don't let an extra 5 minutes scare you. A plethora of choices in these two towns.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:24 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,546,270 times
I love Davidson, it's very quaint. It's different from Huntersville though.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:55 PM

316 posts, read 394,701 times
What is your price range? Macaulay and Birkdale would be close (Huntersville)
If funds are not an option look at The Peninsula, Sterling Point, Patricks purchase, 100 Norman Place- All waterfront commnities closeby.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:51 PM

McQuire is most likely out. I thought I had that all figured out but looks like the hubby's best job offer is in Uptown. Still might choose Huntersville to live but are also looking at Matthews, Harrisburg. We really don't know which direction to go. Looking for house around 200k. And have daughter in high school. can't really afford private school. We are coming down in 2 weeks for 3 days to look. I need a plan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte